GDT: Canucks host Oilers Feb 23rd-7pm PST/10pm EST/Feb 24th 4am CET/7am GST/11am HKT/2pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
YAAA, at last someone who can add and subtract. Sure beats all the just do this or do that ideas that don't take into account things like....money.

They, meaning Benning, have not done that but IMHO, Benning is done. The fans will not put up with another year of lies, false hope and ought right mismanagement. They will show up with bags on their heads and be chanting Fire Benning, IF they show up.

Nationwide the Canucks have become a byline, hardly mentioned at all, of no consequence to the sports reporting of the day or standings. Did you catch one of the "panel" chuckle when another was saying the Canucks were "just that close"
The issue is that he's likely the GM at the TDL, so like I said, the team would need to be clearly out of the Playoff race by the end of March for him to be ordered to trade the UFAs. If they are 8 points out of 4th with 18 games left, if that 4th place team goes 0.500 and gets 18 more points to increase their lead to 26 points, the Canucks in those 18 games left need to go 13-5 to match the 26 points.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I share those same concerns. All divisonal games, so Edm/Cal/Mon/Win when they play each other someone is going to get 2 points. So, there is little chance to catch up if they don't win series. No consecutive wins outside of against Ottawa this season.

We really should know by the end of March over these next 16 games where they are. 4 games each against Win and Mon who have had their number this season. Along with 3 against Edm and 1 with Cal. These 12 games should dictate their course of action. If they end up splitting these games with just 12/13 points, then they aren't making up any ground.

They have 2 each vs Tor and Ott, and likely to split those. So, if they obtain just 18/32 points then they are at 36 points with just 18 games left. If the 4th place team has an 8 point lead, I don't think they will catch up. No consistency in their play this season to lead you to believe that they can string together any sort of winning streak. Very hard to sweep series.

I think they will win 3 of the 12.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Change up dem lines Coach Green, balancer out like this:

Hogger Pettersson Gaudette
Eriksson Miller Boeser
Roussell Horvat Virtanen
Pearson Beagle Sutter

Edler Hughes
Benn Schmidt
Juolevi Myers

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
McDavid has 30 points in his last 14 games. :help:

But lost in his play is the fact that Darnell Nurse would probably be the Norris winner if the season ended today. Leading NHL defenders in ES points, 5th in TOI, +13.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
McDavid has 30 points in his last 14 games. :help:

But lost in his play is the fact that Darnell Nurse would probably be the Norris winner if the season ended today. Leading NHL defenders in ES points, 5th in TOI, +13.

Just looked up his stats and wow. He played 63 minutes in the back-to-back against Calgary. Both regulation games

Man if you think the Oilers are thin now, just wait until they have to re-sign Nurse and Nugent-Hopkins in back-to-summers.

I think re-signing RNH is a mistake. The guy is a 50ish point player without Mcdavid/Drai. Can sign someone else for about half the price who could do a similar job.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Hawryluk should be in over antoine. on twitterverse drancer says he was taking pk duties alongside beagle.
Hawryluk questions always make Green uncomfortable for some reason.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hawryluk should be in over antoine. on twitterverse drancer says he was taking pk duties alongside beagle.
Hawryluk questions always make Green uncomfortable for some reason.
Probably because he’s under 30 and isn’t named Motte. Motte is Green’s lone U-30 exception for “trust” in his bottom 6.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Our defense and goaltending is probably going to get feasted on by McDavid and Draisatl. I don’t even think Jacque Lemaire and Wes Walls could save us.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Maybe this will be an 80s style Oilers game, ending up 6-5 or something similar. Or maybe playoff Demko rears his head and plays out of his mind.

(Also I'm not sure if it's a thing or not yet but @Ginger Papa can just keep making all the gdts.)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Maybe this will be an 80s style Oilers game, ending up 6-5 or something similar. Or maybe playoff Demko rears his head and plays out of his mind.

(Also I'm not sure if it's a thing or not yet but @Ginger Papa can just keep making all the gdts.)

Demko has been solid lately, I'm not too worried about him. The team as a whole has been playing pretty decently, but it's more the fact that McDavid has been otherworldly of late that makes me feel like he's going to light us up.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks with eight regulation wins in 22 games. We're now one of those teams that the visitors just 'hate' losing to.. To quote Drew Doughty: 'We lost to THAT team'?!

Canucks have entered the 'mandatory sweep' part of their schedule. Just splitting games lands them on the golf course in record time.

Canucks also lead the league in minor penalties....if they give McDavid and Draisaitl that much pp time, it'll be lights out early. All hail Demko....he'll have to be best player on the ice for either team.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's all good.

Now that we are the laughingstock of the league, no team takes us seriously, so we catch them by surprise.
s1PJRn3.gif

ConfusedPaleCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Or maybe not

AlienatedScaryDingo-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad