GDT: Canucks host Jets Feb 21- 7pm PST/10pm EST/Feb 22 4am CET/7am GST/11am HKT/2pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think they’re just gonna take it one shift at a time and make sure they’re hard on the forecheck. They’ll also want to make sure they take care of the puck and get to the dirty areas.
Did I miss anything?

Keep your head up. Pucks to the net. Support the puck. Sticks on the ice. Head down and give it all you got.

Nose to the grindstone (why would you ever do that???). 110%. 60 minutes.

Work hard. Show up at puck drop. Three full periods.

Don't let up. Finish your checks. Stay out of the box.

Stand up for your teammates. Sticks in passing lanes.

Bodies in front of the net.

Head man the puck. Keep a level head.

Capitalize On Your Chances. Check.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Keep your head up. Pucks to the net. Support the puck. Sticks on the ice. Head down and give it all you got.

Nose to the grindstone (why would you ever do that???). 110%. 60 minutes.

Work hard. Show up at puck drop. Three full periods.

Don't let up. Finish your checks. Stay out of the box.

Stand up for your teammates. Sticks in passing lanes.

Bodies in front of the net.

Head man the puck. Keep a level head.

Capitalize On Your Chances. Check.
This makes me hungry for a cliche pizza. (That’s all meat, double meat, of course. )

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was for bridging Pettersson before because it'd have cost way too much to sign him long-term but I think with him slumping it'd be the best chance to sign him to a long-term steal of a deal.
Honestly, I'm in the camp of paying guys for what they are worth.

I hate that Eriksson got $6 mill per for what little he brought. And that Markstrom played above his $3.66 mill per over the prior 2 seasons.

It typically evens out for a team over time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Imo any number over 9 would be too much for Petey. If he gets an offer sheet (and signs it) and the compensation is what you point out I hope our GM would figure if that team was going to be bottom ten or not. If bottom ten then back to back top ten picks would need to be considered, no?
Unequivocally no.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
It’s gotten to the point where people are hoping we try, and then they’ll be happy.

We got to the WESTERN FINALS last year, and you’re telling me your bar is so low, EFFORT is all you want?

I’m sorry but that’s just f***ing sad.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Win or lose I just wanna see some good effort tonight from the guys

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
It’s gotten to the point where people are hoping we try, and then they’ll be happy.

We got to the WESTERN FINALS last year, and you’re telling me your bar is so low, EFFORT is all you want?

I’m sorry but that’s just f***ing sad.

Agreed. I had high hopes for this season considering how shit the division is and how Toronto are playoff chockers. Vancouver being even more shit than the shit that's in the division was definitely not what I thought. A golden opportunity is being pissed away.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Agreed. I had high hopes for this season considering how shit the division is and how Toronto are playoff chockers. Vancouver being even more shit than the shit that's in the division was definitely not what I thought. A golden opportunity is being pissed away.
I cant see the Leafs being chockers this season theyre playing so dominant even if is against a weak competition. I dont know how the playoff format works out but id be VERY suprised if they dont beat the snot out of whoever they play in the Canadian division before moving on

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I don't care if we get totally outplayed and the goalie steals it. I just want the win. F moral victories.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
I don't care if we get totally outplayed and the goalie steals it. I just want the win. F moral victories.

id rather see our team play well and lose then see them play like garbage and steal it with goaltending. we arnt making the playoffs so id at least like to watch an exciting game then get points in a boring game and just make us get a worse draft pick. also lose means quicker chance at fresh start in management

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Been doing serious drinking (bad for you kids out there; just say “NO”) since 3 pm. Wife is pissed at me, but I do believe my cheeks (and the rest of me) are numb enough to endure another Canuck’s game.
Bring on the Poos from Winnipeg.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Is it just me or do we never get lineups until like right before puck drop?

I swear it's not that serious, Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->