Canucks hire Rachel Doerrie in an analytics role

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
New Jersey’s revenge will be taking Quinn Hughes as a UFA when the time comes.

Never mess with the Devil

Reactions: HBK27

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
New Jersey’s revenge will be taking Quinn Hughes as a UFA when the time comes.

Never mess with the Devil
upload_2022-1-20_17-22-22.png

pretty relaxed, laid-back Devil

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Have no idea what her qualifications are other than previously working for NJ. Was an enjoyable listen on some podcasts I've listened to, though. Seems like a solid move at face value.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
What was she doing for the Devils? Same role? More junior?

We don’t know. I never heard of her until after she left the Devils and started media.

I don’t know what happened with her and the Devils, but her comments since leaving hints at her having a grudge against them.

Reactions: HBK27
Feb 19, 2018
I’m surprised these lower level moves are being discussed without the new GM. What a weird process this has been. Heard Mike Futa today being mentioned, makes sense as they were pretty much a package deal before. I’d like that hire for GM and think he would fill out management well.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I’m surprised these lower level moves are being discussed without the new GM. What a weird process this has been. Heard Mike Futa today being mentioned, makes sense as they were pretty much a package deal before. I’d like that hire for GM and think he would fill out management well.

The new GM will be a rookie, so no point in hiring a rookie to do the hirings. Remember Dim Benning? He did all the hiring including gems like Weisbrod who couldnt even do his job properly in Calgary. I trust JR in hirings, interview process and vetting versus a rookie GM doing it all. Canucks are doing it right this time.

Reactions: stampedingviking

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I’m sure she is smart tried listening to her podcast but didn’t really get into analytics just same gossip as spittin chiclets minus RA talking about great the movie the town is.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Uhhh isn’t she the one that made up a bullshit rumour about Pettersson in the off-season? Or am I mistaken?

Edit: I’m not mistaken. Doerrie spread a rumour on her podcast last year while Pettersson was hurt rehabbing his wrist that he wasn’t actually hurt, and simply didn’t want to play for the Canucks anymore. Why the f*** did we hire this person? Lol

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Uhhh isn’t she the one that made up a bullshit rumour about Pettersson in the off-season? Or am I mistaken?

Edit: I’m not mistaken. Doerrie spread a rumour on her podcast last year while Pettersson was hurt rehabbing his wrist that he wasn’t actually hurt, and simply didn’t want to play for the Canucks anymore. Why the f*** did we hire this person? Lol

Can you find the episode? I'd love to listen because if true that's a big yikes.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Some of you guys need to stop with the woke nonsense. It adds nothing to the conversation and it actually hurts the case for non-traditional hires because of the reactionary and opposing response that it creates.

As for Rachel, I actually know her from the interview that Will Scouch did with her about the 2020 draft. She's one of the more insightful young people out there about youth hockey in the online magazine scene. I'm so excited for her that she's finally getting a job with an NHL team. I just wish it was with my hometown Canes.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Haha. I remember after an exam, everyone was discussing said exam to gauge their writings. One of my friends exclaimed “I wrote ‘hencetoforth’!” She did ok, though.

But to your point, it’s not virtue-driven. It’s just trying to ensure that everyone has equal rights that have been ignored for the past 400 years.
Edit. Nevermind the the 2,000 years of “righteous” murder. Now that I think more about it, I feel no remorse for the white plight. Poor babies.

Look, I'm not going to keep that beehive much further but maybe remind yourself that those people you seem to monolithically qualify as "white men" are also just people.

Sexism and racial prejudices are shitty to be the victim of and shitty to inflict onto others, no matter how good or poorly the people of their ethnicity were treated over the ages.

Just something to keep in mind.

With that being said, I wish the best for the Nucks with their new hirings. God knows they need some wins in that department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad