Canucks going to the WC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Hedberg will probably not be asked since Henrik Lundqvist (NYR drafted) looks solid. Daniel Sedin has declined because of a soar abdominal muscle, apparantly he played the series against Calgary on painkillers. If Daniel doesn't go, Henrik will probably not go either. Öhlund claims to be worn down and the swedish defense looks pretty good anyway (Hävelid, Tärnström, Tjärnqvist, Bäckman).

Conclusion: No swedes from Vancouver in the World Championships.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Riddarn said:
If Daniel doesn't go, Henrik will probably not go either.

Please tell me you're joking...they can't possibly be *that* dependant on each other! :amazed:

Not that I want Henrik to join team Sweden, though...

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Sampe said:
Please tell me you're joking...they can't possibly be *that* dependant on each other! :amazed:

Not that I want Henrik to join team Sweden, though...

Not joking. He's been quoted to say something in the lines of "it wouldn't be right" to go when his brother is injured. Totally stupid imho.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Riddarn said:
Not joking. He's been quoted to say something in the lines of "it wouldn't be right" to go when his brother is injured. Totally stupid imho.

Someone should let them know that they're not conjoined at the hip.

I wonder, do they hold each other's hands on the way to the washroom? :joker:

I'm kidding of course, I love Danrik Sedin.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Well, I'm not convinced that was exactly what he said. In another paper Henrik said that its doubtful that he will be asked to come if Daniel can't come. Meaning coach Hardy Nilsson wants the Sedin-unit, not the individual players. Pretty sad that even the Sedins view themselves as the twin-unit. They are good individual players too.

Last edited:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Brendan Morrison is going to play for Canada, Martin Rucinsky for the Czech Republic, and Sami Salo and Jarkko Ruutu for Finland.

Matt Cooke will play for Canada as well.

Anyone know anything about Malik possibly playing for the Czech squad?

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
Riddarn said:
Well, I'm not convinced that was exactly what he said. In another paper Henrik said that its doubtful that he will be asked to come if Daniel can't come. Meaning coach Hardy Nilsson wants the Sedin-unit, not the individual players. Pretty sad that even the Sedins view themselves as the twin-unit. They are good individual players too.

They are much more effective together though. It would be good for both of them if they can learn to play apart but that is not the situation yet. Yet, each did this year do amazing individual plays to get open so it is improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->