Canucks GM blasts Ong once again, packs up his bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
No, Sean Keogh isn't leaving the HFNHL for good. Although his feud with Hurricanes GM is taking on a life of its own, Keogh will not leave the league after threats from Ong's followers after Keogh got into a fight with the Australian born executive last week.

After some verbal exchanges over a few days with Ong, the two ran into each other in New York the other day. The league held some unofficial meetings with executives last week, and after one meeting, things got heated between Ong and Keogh. After Ong violently shoved Keogh, the Canucks GM came back with a right cross to the face, and Ong never recovered. Although Keogh apologized privately later on in the day, the league announced they would look into the matter.

And with that Keogh is heading out to get away from the media pressure for a few days.

From August 15th to 22nd, he is taking off to the Canucks rookie retreat, which is held in the Laurentians every year. Canucks prospects and rookies alike will join Keogh and new head coach Claude Julien at a camp ground that is owned by Keogh. The camp grounds are customized with two regulation sized rinks, to make it a perfect place for hockey camps. Also, Keogh will be almost entirely out of touch for that period, so it's a valuable escape from the media pressure, but also contact from fellow GMs.

After that, from August 24th to September 4th, Keogh will be in Vancouver, conducting meetings to fill some organizational holes and speak to Vancouver Giants head coach Don Hay about Andrej Meszaros' role with the Giants this coming season. It is expected that Keogh will be moderately in touch with the rest of the league for this period though.

The league investigation will continue in the meantime. It is expected Keogh at most recieves a fine, unless Ong takes legal action.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
With reports coming out of the Vancouver Sun concerning the physical meeting in New York, the Carolina Management remained tight lipped about the matter as the league investigates.

A Carolina spokesman said," There were some heated words exchanged from the two executives and that was about it. I don't know what the fuss is all about. These were two gentleman having a chat about HFNHL and hockey in general. I think this is part of the media sensationalizing the whole situation."

Talking to a few witnesses, they would take any of what the Carolina spokesman said.

"I heard Keogh say something to the extent of go home to where you came from you *****," said one bystander. "He also said I will never let you into Canada ever again with my friends in high places."

"Keogh knocking out Ong was a joke," said another."Any one who saw the fight saw the way Ong using his kamikaze wrestling style to good effect. It was Keogh who had the more blood streaming out."

An insider to both Keogh and Ong said," There was a few drinks and one too many Your mamma jokes. I did hear Ong say something about not been Australian born but was in the wild of Borneo with the headhunters."

The league is now currently investigating this reports and findings on this matter will be out soon. So watch this spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad