Canucks fans, who is your 2nd favourite team?

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Anyone who answered Bruins or Blackhawks should be drawn and quartered.

Mine varies. I voted Islanders because I have the top line in my pool this year.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
calgary still rolling along with zero votes.

I prefer to think all the votes for edmonton are posters from the oilers forum disrupting our poll.

Yeah it blows my mind too; but these Edmonton choices are Canuck fans that have just fallen subject to an aggressive media campaign about the Oilers being this sort of next gen dynasty in waiting.

Sorry I know its a stretch but to my avidly Oiler hating mind I can't explain it any other way.

Steve Bennett*

Anyone who answered Bruins or Blackhawks should be drawn and quartered.

Mine varies. I voted Islanders because I have the top line in my pool this year.

Agreed. wtf? Bruins? Hawks? who likes these semi-neanderthol lemurs???

x281276837910143668.jpg

Duncan-Keith-no-teeth-285x300.jpg

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Easily Buffalo.

Something along the lines of expansion buddies, high octane offense and a combination of a lot of my favourite players.

I own 2 Sabres Jerseys.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ottawa Senators.

Non-rival Canadian team that generally hates most of the same teams we do (Toronto, Boston). And have historically had pretty likeable players.

#2 would probably be Winnipeg. Great fans, happy they're back in the NHL.

Everyone else can get stuffed.

Invictus146

Aug 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Ha - didn't realize there was this much Philly love in this forum. Good to see :)

A great, young team (that is also extremely Canadian based) with a mix of skill, tradition (for the US) and excitement

Cromulence

Up and at them!
Nov 15, 2009
I stared at the list for a really long time before picking Tampa Bay. Mainly because of fantasy league players and Salo. I used to watch a lt of Thrashers games but now they moved and ther fans are annoying ("True North!") I almost picked the Devios because their fans are cool but they've been too successful and I'm jealous. ;)

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I like Salo..errr.. i mean Tampa this yr.

my #2 varies yr to yr depending on PLAYERS on the team... no TEAM in particular.
This yr #2 is all about Salo and therefore TB.. and therefore Vinny, Stamkos, MSL, Lindback etc as well.. Its actually been a very easy group of players to respect and like.

... but this in all likelihood changes the moment Luongo is traded...
Where ever he goes, i will likely be cheering hard for... even if its TO. :m-confused:

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Why are there 10 votes for the Oilers? Seriously guys?

Also surprised by all the votes for Philly. Not that I dislike them or anything but they seem random.

I don't really have a second favourite team but I don't mind Buffalo. Expansion cousins and all.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Surprised there's not more love for the Leafs.

Growing up the Leafs would usually be the first half of the Saturday night back-to-back on HNIC when the Canucks played. I also think over the last decade or so the Leafs have usually played one of the more exciting brands of hockey in the NHL, even if they lose a lot. They're generally just fun to watch.

I personally consider Toronto to be "Canada's team", although that's a statement that most Canadians would probably angrily disagree with.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
They're division rivals, their fans are obsessed with hating the Canucks, they killed us in the 80's, they are going to be very good once again and the media won't shut up about RNH. I think those are enough reasons.

I have no problem with fans liking an offensively gifted team that will be extremely fun to watch in the next few years. Sure, they may give us nightmares but at least we won't have to play against some boring hitchcock coached team.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Detroit. I love when we watch them and respect Ken Holland a lot. Plus, I'd almost always rather see the Red Wings get another cup than watch another team pop the cherry before us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->