Canucks fans, who is your 2nd favourite team?

Co Ho*

Sharks - always thought they had a very talented roster, have been snake bitten like the Canucks and never won a Cup, have a great fan base, etc.
I also like the Jets because of their ties to the Canucks and being in the Eastern conference.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Tampa.

They have Ohlund & Salo - 2 of my all-time favorite Canuck D-men.

But even prior to that I liked the Lightning because of Marty St. Louis... and the fact that they beat the Flames on 04'. ;)

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Washington. Really liked them since 08/09, but I barely recognize them these days, though I give them major props for beating Boston and taking the Rangers to game 7 (a series, I thought, that they were unlucky not to win).

triplets

Aug 25, 2006
Beautiful BC
Ashamed to say Boston.:cry::cry:

Thought the finals were a dream come true because either my favorite or second favorite team would end up with the cup.

The series ended with almost irreparable damage done to my like of Boston. A part of me still likes them because I have cheered for them ( after the Canucks) since the days of Orr and Espo. Then another part of me despises the team and their fans.

There is no other team in the league I have even such a mixed feeling for, so waaaaaay below the Canucks, my second favorite team would be the Bruins.:amazed:

Scottrockztheworld*

Pittsburgh Penguins

Have been a fan since I saw Mario Lemieux as a kid. I have way too many Lemieux hockey cards to name, a Lemieux hockey stick in prime condition & many other little trinkets. He was my first favorite player & the Pens will always be a team I cheer for.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Buffalo. Originally followed them because of Hodgson, but now starting to like their style of play (can't help but to love run-and-gun) and Marcus Foligno.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Gotta go with the Flyers because of that epic series with the penguins and DOOP.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Like the title says.

This is a great topic, thanks!

OK...I have a soft spot for the NY Islanders.

For many reasons.

They were fantastic against the 82 Canucks in the Finals, which was maybe the first time I started to think about hockey and study the media. So, I hated them.

But I respected them, and understood their place in the game, as The Team prior to the dawning of the Eighties Oilers, that ridiculously, absurdly, mindbogglingly stacked team of future Hall of Fame talent, which kind of shadowed the accomplishments of the great Bossy, Trottier, Potvin, Smith...and Butch Goering!

Then their great fall to the joke outfit of the League, led by a Wang, but now...Brooklyn...new beginning. Interesting collection of young talent, guaranteed to add some more core talent, might gel faster than people think with the right veteran support.

So I root for those guys.

Columbus as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad