OT: Canucks Fans living in Calgary

LolClarkson*

So this is going to be my first year as a Canucks fan living in Calgary, and I have a couple of questions.

1) What's the best way to get games on TV? With Telus Optik it looks like I get Flames/Oilers broadcasts.. and between those and the nationally televised games, is the Center Ice package even worth it? I'm too busy to watch non-Canucks games, so it would be strictly to watch the Canucks.

2) Any bars around town that tend to get a higher than average number of Canucks fans and are fun to watch games at?

I live in Varsity, so close proximity to there would be preferable!

Im in Edmonton.

When I got my Bell satellite hooked up, I just phoned in and gave them my BC address at first. Then I got the BC feed in Alberta.

Then I made the billing address a Alberta number. Or just go to paperless.

LolClarkson*

This deserves its own sympathy thread. As the other poster mentioned, it's people like you who are the real heroes...

:nod: Hells yes! :nod:

People hate the Canucks here with a passion. Bunch of losers.

When Jarret Stoll got that goal to KO us out of the playoffs, the whole bar cheered like a bunch of school kids. None of them supported the Canucks against the Ruins either.

"there is more Canadians on the Ruins blah blah blah"

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
People hate the Canucks here with a passion. Bunch of losers.

When Jarret Stoll got that goal to KO us out of the playoffs, the whole bar cheered like a bunch of school kids. None of them supported the Canucks against the Ruins either.

"there is more Canadians on the Ruins blah blah blah"

I saw that ATB commercial with Eberle and the rude Canucks fan on the Sportnet West feed yesterday. It was a real eyeopener on how much they hate us. We are in their commercials for crying out loud.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I saw that ATB commercial with Eberle and the rude Canucks fan on the Sportnet West feed yesterday. It was a real eyeopener on how much they hate us. We are in their commercials for crying out loud.

:laugh: That was terrible eh? It feels like that episode of the Simpsons where they go to Shelbyville and find out what they think Springfield is like.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site

It's truly incredible. In BC the average hockey fan is pretty nuetral towards the Alberta teams. Even cheering for them in the playoffs. But Alberta fans? No way, they hate the Canucks like nothing I've really seen before. It's a bit disturbing to be honest...

imafan

Dec 17, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I just moved to Calgary this past Summer.

Centerice is the way to go, free preview till January 31 at least, $50 for all games or one game live? Can buy a ticket for $50? Its been a while since I last went to a game live.

Won't use ATB now that is for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->