Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
#1 Jack Hughes 54%
#2 Kaapo Kakko 95.1%

We'll be using the Canucks Army rankings to be consistent with last year.

I've decided to make it a two day vote for now as that was a common complaint last year. I am aware that some are annoyed that this is going too early, but if we're going to get to the second round, we need to start now.

We could perhaps do a follow up top ten in the ten days leading up to the draft when our opinions have hardened.

I will adjust the order according to votes from the previous round to make it easier to find consensus top prospects. If you want to see a player added, you need to vote for them under ‘Other’. That’s not me making up a stupid rule. By voting for him as an ‘Other’, you would be putting him ahead of anyone with no votes when it comes time to sort for the next round. If more than one ‘other’ is added, I guess I would just expand the poll for a round until we end up with no new ‘Others’ and are back to 14 choices.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Byram

Did you just say second round?!?! Like there's going to be 60 of these exact same 1 or 2 page threads?!?!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Took a little while but seems like the majority have caught up to my ranking of Byram 3rd. I don't know that he will go 3rd (he should, as he would be a great replacement for Keith in Chicago, plus I legitimately do think he's the 3rd best player in the draft).

Now is when this poll gets very interesting because I can see legitimate arguments to rank several players in different orders in that 4-8 range.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I see Byram going at 3..Chiefly because he's the best D in the draft, and Podzolkin is a RW (and Russian ?)....If Byram was in last years draft (where there were plenty of D), where do you think he would have ranked?.( Dobson and Bouchard ?)...Any ideas?

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Took Turcotte, because I think he's a near-lock to be an elite center. Byram will win though, and Turcotte should be our #4.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Went with Turcotte instead of Byram.

I'm wary of taking defensemen with a top ten pick unless you're pretty damn sure he's going become a legit #1, a la Dahlin or Hedman.

My feeling is that forwards are a bit easier to project than defensemen, so I tend to be slightly biased in favour of them high in the draft. That being said, if the Canucks had won the 3rd overall in the lottery, I wouldn't be bothered by them drafting Byram instead of Turcotte.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad