Canucks Fan Draft List 2019 - Selection 1

Canucks Fan Draft Board - Selection 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
@mstad101 votes for Byram. That guy always has a wierd agenda :shakehead
You got a problem? Speak up! I like what I’ve seen from Byram the most. He’s everything I would want from a defenceman to build a team around. Kid is a game breaker.

Oh and if you wanna do the check again, looks like I’m not the only person who think he’s the #1 talent in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Whoops. Reading comprehension went out the window. Definitely selected who I was hoping the Canucks would draft. Didn’t even look at the options and scrolled to my guy haha.

Will do better on future polls. Promise.

Anyways it’s Jack Hughes by a long shot. No way the Devils don’t pick him either. All of this “Kakko is getting closer” is just noise. No team would have the kahonas to pass up Hughes in fear of it blowing up in their faces. Happens year after year after year at the #1 spot.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
I fouled up and thought this was for our selection at 10 :laugh: I rescind my Boldy vote, I'd go with Kakko at 1

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just so I can put it on the record, I voted Kakko for 1st overall.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yes it does. It’s a stupid poll. What would be interesting is who would people like to draft at number 10.

Except it's not a stupid poll. You can talk all you want about who people would like to draft until 10, but this poll gets us there better than speculating. It establishes what our firm list is. To me, that makes a hell of a lot more sense than saying "well we should take this because these guys won't be available" because when you're wrong and one of those players does become available, now we will know how those players rank on our list.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Except it's not a stupid poll. You can talk all you want about who people would like to draft until 10, but this poll gets us there better than speculating. It establishes what our firm list is. To me, that makes a hell of a lot more sense than saying "well we should take this because these guys won't be available" because when you're wrong and one of those players does become available, now we will know how those players rank on our list.
Oh it’s a poll that will cover every pick in the first round or at least a top 10? That makes sense. I just find the title confusing

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So on a slightly different subject, I will be interested to see how much consensus there is on 3 and 4, and whether everyone else on the list could be subject to falling to 10th.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So on a slightly different subject, I will be interested to see how much consensus there is on 3 and 4, and whether everyone else on the list could be subject to falling to 10th.

Agreed. The top 2 is clearly Hughes and Kakko. I personally have Byram at 3, but would be interested in seeing who everyone else has there.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
"In 2017 we would have picked Mittelstadt and would have waited until the 9th pick before selecting Pettersson. (We also had Lind and Gadjovich as 1st round picks)."

HFcanucks thinks it is smarter than it actually is.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
"In 2017 we would have picked Mittelstadt and would have waited until the 9th pick before selecting Pettersson. (We also had Lind and Gadjovich as 1st round picks)."

I think were not all one poster tho pal

Reactions: Josepho

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

This is why I asked which month these were conducted in, and @jimmythescot mentioned it was May... which makes much more sense. The draft is held in late June, and the hardest consensuses usually only come together a couple weeks before.

Review the draft threads themselves before Vancouver has chosen, and you will see a different story.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
You guessed it...….I screwed up too! Voted Krebs for us.

Kakko for number 1

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The Hughes criticism/Kakko#1 hype seems like a typical case of a player being ranked #1 for so long that people start to look for reasons to drop him down a spot.

Even if you take that they’re even, you take the guy who can play Center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->