Rumor: Canucks extremely active

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
For all we know there have been a dozen trades that have been completed that the NHL wants to wait on being announced until draft day to build excitement
I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a handful that are close to being done (more or less agreed upon)... but teams were waiting to have a chat with Dallas/Tampa and/or make sure there’s nothing else better, first. Would assume some are contingent on other things like (resigns) as well.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a handful that are close to being done (more or less agreed upon)... but teams were waiting to have a chat with Dallas/Tampa and/or make sure there’s nothing else better, first. Would assume some are contingent on other things like (resigns) as well.
This is very reasonable given that TBL will be one of the more active teams this offseason.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Chris Johnston: I don't think there's a front office in the NHL that has more balls in the air than Vancouver.

Funny how someone can think so wrong.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I don't ever think I've seen a GM that has such a hard-on for mediocre players than Jim Benning.

Funny thing is, despite being the worst contract on the team the Eriksson signing was sort of understandable given he was still thought of as a top 6 forward at the time, but the Sutter/Roussel/Beagle contracts were all blatantly bad the moment they were signed.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Chris Johnston: I don't think there's a front office in the NHL that has more balls in the air than Vancouver.

Funny how someone can think so wrong.

Dropping the balls was always a possibility.

All Benning had to do was up his OEL offer slightly and this whole story probably plays out differently.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Can't be active when you the GM put your team into this predicament and very few teams are going to take a cap dump on and if they do they want a high pick or high end prospect...not RFA arbitration bound Jake Virtanen.

This year was a lucky year for Canucks and gave the youth valuable playoff experience. Next year they might take a step back, which is fine and it is also fine to be fairly quiet when you don't have the cap freedom to add multiple pieces like other teams.

All in all GM Benning made his bed and now he is laying down in it...wrong approach was taken to this team and it is now showing. This team won't win a silver cup with this GM or current Coach or assistant coaching staff. Got a couple promising young NHL players to build around but to think we are a cup contender now if laughable, so many holes on the team and multiple bad contracts...take a deep breath Vancouver fans, its been 50 years and counting got to wait at least a few more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->