Canucks Extend Jim Benning's Contract II

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He didn’t do it it. He just said he counted 9 names. I also asked nicely which 9 names with no response. I even took my time to total up the response 1st time, 2nd time provided all the ones that voted brock.

I am also asking you to name the guys I’ve left out. Kindly awaiting your response.

I don’t believe this place can get this low. You mention honesty right ? Your last sentence ? Whois the one not being honest right now ? Yes ? 10 of you guys can say boeser got 10 votes, fact is fact , he actually only had 7. Unless I am missing something and it’s not like i didn’t do my part and the try to pull up older info. Add to the fact I got accused of leaving people out! W.t.f is going on here please answer my question who did I leave out.
ROE and race joe are including posters who liked the Canucks picks post draft (regardless of who they voted for pre-draft),and also posters who made multiple picks that included boeser

moving-the-goal-posts_dilbert_9498.png

Reactions: Numba9 and Nomobo

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
He didn’t do it it. He just said he counted 9 names. I also asked nicely which 9 names with no response. I even took my time to total up the response 1st time, 2nd time provided all the ones that voted brock.

I am also asking you to name the guys I’ve left out. Kindly awaiting your response.

I don’t believe this place can get this low. You mention honesty right ? Your last sentence ? Whois the one not being honest right now ? Yes ? 10 of you guys can say boeser got 10 votes, fact is fact , he actually only had 7. Unless I am missing something and it’s not like i didn’t do my part and the try to pull up older info. Add to the fact I got accused of leaving people out! W.t.f is going on here please answer my question who did I leave out.
If you refuse to acknowledge my vote and you miss information, you didn't do your part. Period. The reaction says a lot about your agenda here. There's 3 different people saying the exact same thing and you insist doing a count that suits your agenda but it is far from what's on those threads.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If you refuse to acknowledge my vote and you miss information, you didn't do your part. Period. The reaction says a lot about your agenda here. There's 3 different people saying the exact same thing and you insist doing a count that suits your agenda but it is far from what's on those threads.

I have every right to not acknowledge your vote because you didn’t even comment in that thread not to mention your name didn’t come up in any of the 2015 draft thread. So my part was done. 3 people that are obviously on the same side in a hockey discussion are saying one thing doesn’t make it the truth.

It’s also painfully obvious you have nothing to fall back on but to spin it as agenda on my part, when I did not respond in any snarky or hostile manner asking you who I left out in the votes.

1“Fans on hfboards choose boeser, he has 9 votes.

2 “here the link for that draft, I only counted 7 votes. Show me the 9 votes.

(Instead of providing the info asked this was the response)

3 “ you have an agenda”

ROE and race joe are including posters who liked the Canucks picks post draft

so like saying they got it right because liked the pettersson pick even though vilardi was their top choice and made no mentions about pettersson until AFTER the draft.
Got it.

Hfboards for the win.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Vankiller Whale Jerey Rooy
DCantheDDad Konency
canucksfan100 Boeser
vancityluongo Konency
kilgore111 Merkley
donut Konency
Bad news Benning Boeser
Canucks10 Merkley
Nuckles Merkley
offbeatgravy Merkley
turkulad Boeser
Canucker Konency
Trelane Sprong
leftwinglockdown Anthony Beauvilier
jigsaw99 Boeser and Merkley
thefeebster Brock Boeser/Nick Merkley
MS Nick Merkley or Boeser
ting101 Travis Konency
Red Boeser
Rosko Thorn Travis Konency
Yossarian54 Nick Merkley
y2kcanucks Konency
ugghhh Beauvillier
biturbo19 Larsson

Boeser 7 votes
Konency 7 votes
Merkley 8 votes

Lawrence, your recent posts on this topic are desperate and absurd. That said, I can understand your position. Where you probably thought it would be easy to disparage HF Canucks posters using Benning's draft record, the tables have almost completely turned. The Potato is better than Benning, and it appears that HF Canucks may have also been better. So thank you for posting that initial provocative statement.

Next, I have a confession to make: I knew you would go to the mat for the 2015 draft before I posted my research. It was the one draft where there was no overall poll and there was no clear consensus. A big factor here being the late pick. To be sure, it was quite difficult to narrow down the selections before pick #23.

I will post my new tables in a moment.

As to the rest:

1. Discounting a vote in support of a pick directly after it is made is highly dubious and ironic. There's no new data on the player himself. What advantage would there be? Why would you discount it?

2. The humorous byproduct of the above is that you and POM are disparaging support of Benning's work. Shouldn't you want HF posters supporting a Benning pick? Let that sink in for a moment.

3. Your initial position was to criticize HF posters for missing on Pettersson. This was in response to Eye in the I's comment that drafting Pettersson was no special feat. I still don't understand why you took issue with that statement, but it's led you to making false statements such as the following:

"consensus in the end was Brandon Carlo"

"If we actually drafted based on who the fans wanted, we are screwed"

"Only the fans here are ignorant enough to believe they can actually out draft Benning. The fans here."

"We wanted Hughes as much as some fans wanted Ritchie"

"The fans here wanted Dobson, and I know they were happy with him, but they had Dobson ahead in our own little pre draft."

"You guys like are cross fitters in the sense you guys think your better then anyone else in the fitness industry"

"you get badly owned by a Clown even I want fired"

You said all of this without looking into things to verify them. After I put up the research, you went all in on the 2015 draft to try and save face. I get it, but I have a feeling it's not going to end well for you. For example, you haven't even touched the Potato baseline... Which is the subject matter of the initial post that set you off.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Ok, so I went through the "So you think you can draft thread - 2015" and the "Pre-game 2015 Draft thread Part 6". Here are the results I have:

NOTE: This does not include posters who liked the Boeser pick post-draft. If it did, it would be a landslide in his favour.

NOTE #2: Lawrence, you get 7 votes for Boeser instead of 8 because you chose to dismiss/ignore Yossarian54's comment that he would be just as good with a Boeser pick.

NOTE #3: Here's a link to the pre-draft thread: Pre-Game Talk: - 2015 NHL Entry Draft - Part VI

NOTE #4: In posts where posters picked multiple targets, I only isolated the top 3 choices of Boeser, Merkley and Konecny. These were the most frequent names.

The tables:

NameBoeserMerkleyKonecny
DCantheDDad1
Canucksfan1001
vancityluongo1
kilgore1111
donut1
Bad News Benning1
canucks101
Nuckles1
jigsaw9911
offbeatgravy1
turkulad1
Canucker1
thefeebster11
MS11
sting1011
Red1
Rosko Thorn1
Yossarian5411
Y2Kcanucks1
SUM:887
2015 NHL Pre-Draft Part 6
NameBoeserMerkleyKonecny
Drop the Sopel1
Nucker1011
Nuckles1
BlackNoise11
dwarf1
McDouble1
Trelane1
Bad News Benning1
arsmaster 111
Y2KCanucks1
canuckfan1001
Zombotron11
sting10111
FireBenningNow11
CanadianCanuck11
ughhh1
Bitz and Bites1
WTG1
Brock Hughes11
Bleach Clean11
SUM: 1568
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last, this was the final tally for HF vs. Benning (ties and wins are in bold):

HF Canucks vs. Benning:

HF Canucks: Nylander, Barbashev, Boeser, Tkachuk, Mittlestadt, Hughes and Boldy.
Benning: Virtanen, McCann, Boeser, Juolevi, Pettersson, Hughes and Podkolzin.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
HF Canucks vs. Benning:

HF Canucks: Nylander, Barbashev, Boeser, Tkachuk, Mittlestadt, Hughes and Boldy.

If your hit rate even being tied by a group of message board nerds, how can anyone possibly argue that this administration (GM + Scouting department) provides us with a competitive edge?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
HF Canucks vs. Benning:

This is really interesting, thanks for putting it together.

I think the HF Canucks group collectively puts up more points than Benning. The obvious gaps are Nylander-Virtanen, Tkachuk-Juolevi, and Mittelstadt-Pettersson. It'll also be interesting to see the difference between McCann - Barbashev (I think we'd be happy with either at this point, but I see McCann as being an elite 3rd line centre within the next 2-3 years).

I also think Mittelstadt will still be a solid #2 centre that can put up 60-70 points, so the gap for Mittelstadt-Pettersson in their primes might be like 30-40 points. This puts it in perspective, since if you add up all the gaps where Benning dropped the ball, it totals over 100 points that we missed out on (Nylander = 30 points over Virtanen; Tkachuk = 77 points over nothing right now).

I wanted Boldy (seems to be the safer pick and fills a need for LW for our new core, and we didn't have JT Miller and Ferland going into the draft), but I can respect the Podkolzin selection as a 'swing for the fences' type pick. I'm still curious if this is the pick that bothered Brackett the most at the draft?

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I have every right to not acknowledge your vote because you didn’t even comment in that thread not to mention your name didn’t come up in any of the 2015 draft thread. So my part was done. 3 people that are obviously on the same side in a hockey discussion are saying one thing doesn’t make it the truth.

It’s also painfully obvious you have nothing to fall back on but to spin it as agenda on my part, when I did not respond in any snarky or hostile manner asking you who I left out in the votes.

1“Fans on hfboards choose boeser, he has 9 votes.

2 “here the link for that draft, I only counted 7 votes. Show me the 9 votes.

(Instead of providing the info asked this was the response)

3 “ you have an agenda”

so like saying they got it right because liked the pettersson pick even though vilardi was their top choice and made no mentions about pettersson until AFTER the draft.
Got it.

Hfboards for the win.
You are really desperate. Fortunately, RoE did answer better than I would so I won't comment on this. As a sidenote, not answering someone who is clearly trying to engage in some sort of personal attack avoids a great headache and a moderator warning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad