Value of: Canucks' expendable assets

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
The more i think about the more i thinks its smarter for us to keep Edler and Tanev. Dont want to dump those top minutes to the rest of our d or when the next generation is ready to join the big club (Hughes Bries Woo Juolevi Etc)

Id focus on cutting the fat up front

Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldy Gaudette Pettersson
Lipesic Sutter Virtanen
Eriksson Beagle Roussell

Gaunce Schaller Archie Boucher

Id focus on trading Granny and Gagner for whatever. I would include Eriksson with those guys but noone wants that contract. As for Baertchi we are in no position to be trading any offensive players unless a overpayment obviously

Not gonna be a pretty 2018-19 season thats for sure

Reactions: travis scott

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Edler and Tanev won't be moved until Hughes and Juolevi have proven they can play in the NHL.

Otherwise they are going to be playing Pouliot and Gudbranson 22 minutes a game.

Their top 6 would be

Stetcher-Gudbranson

Delzotto-Pouliot

Hutton-biega

Sorry they aren't icing that garbage.

There isn't even a single second pairing dman in that group. They are all bottom pairing guys.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Agreed with the last two posters. Unless they can get someone else to play those heavy minutes they shouldn’t dump them on the younger guys. If Edler waives I’d deal him at the deadline with a verbal extension in place for July 1, 2019. If Tanev is willing to re-sign then he should be young enough when the rebuild is complete. If not deal him at the draft or next years deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad