Prospect Info: Canucks draft D Viktor Persson (7th Round, 191st Overall) (Brynäs junior team ---> Kamloops Blazers)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks Army reports that Persson has been called up to the SHL. It looks like there's a chance he won't come over to the WHL (should the W get its season going).

We finally have some good news about 2020 Canucks 7th round pick Viktor Persson
As a 7th round draft pick, if he's good enough to stick in the SHL, then is that's a huge bonus. Nothing against Kamloops and the Dub, but playing pro hockey in his home country will be a lot better for his overall development.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Fill us in on HockeyEttan (yes I'm too lazy to Google).

It's the little known 3rd Swedish 'pro' league. Think of it as the Swedish ECHL. A lot of J20 Nationell league players (like Persson) have been loaned to HockeyEttan due to the J20 being shutdown due to Covid concerns. If all goes well Persson could play up to 17 more games this season (excluding playoffs).

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's the little known 3rd Swedish 'pro' league. Think of it as the Swedish ECHL. A lot of J20 Nationell league players (like Persson) have been loaned to HockeyEttan due to the J20 being shutdown due to Covid concerns. If all goes well Persson could play up to 17 more games this season (excluding playoffs).

Way better than Google.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thanks! I'll add that info to the Prospects thread.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004

It's the league Edler was draft out of, I believe.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Persson's goal from yesterday

Wow!....nothing against the rush and goal which was a beauty, but the defense basically parted like the Red Sea....The Ettan doesn't look like much of a league to me, but I guess he's at least playing competitive hockey right now --which puts him in a better place than a lot of Canuck prospects.

The Iron Goalie

Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Persson missed yesterdays game in the HockeyEttan for today's callup to Brynas (I assume Brynas didn't want him playing 3 games in 3 days), but through 1 period today, it's looking like he'll be a bench warmer once again.

*edit* - Didn't get a shift.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

The Iron Goalie

Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Was pointless in his two games for Strömsbro (HockeyEttan) this week (Strömsbro only managed 3 goals over the two games played). Will be interesting to see if he plays for Strömsbro (Sunday), or Brynäs (Saturday) this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad