Confirmed with Link: Canucks do not qualify Ben Hutton, he is now a UFA

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
What's the minimum qualify offer for Hutton? Please be a pouliot situation in which we resign him but below the min

Reactions: mossey3535

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
What's the minimum qualify offer for Hutton? Please be a pouliot situation in which we resign him but below the min

Qualifying Offer is 2.4M but if they can't work out a deal then Hutton can elect for arbitration where the Canucks are apparently worried he could get 4-4.4M which the Canucks would not have the option of walking away from.

Like, I figured he'd get ~3.5M anyway so I don't know what's the problem with him getting 4M in arb if it actually came to that (which it likely wouldn't.)

Reactions: mossey3535

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I fully expect them to dump Hutton , send eriksson and a pick just to get rid of him , dump spooner.

Then blow their brains out on Myers and gardiner

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
At the very least trade him for something then! To just let him walk for zilch is mind blowing. Can Ottawa not use options like this to reach the cap floor?

Reactions: Red

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Qualifying Offer is 2.4M but if they can't work out a deal then Hutton can elect for arbitration where the Canucks are apparently worried he could get 4-4.4M which the Canucks would not have the option of walking away from.

Like, I figured he'd get ~3.5M anyway so I don't know what's the problem with him getting 4M in arb if it actually came to that (which it likely wouldn't.)
Theyd lose arbitration cause we keep overpaying for garbage players
I bet the judge looks at our defense and what we pay them and go damn u need a huge raise

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
The fact that Hutton could go to arbitration was foreseeable far in advance and if they weren't planning on qualifying him, they should've traded him before the deadline and at least gotten a pick or something back.

(It's quite possible that they tried and didn't get any takers, but with this management group it's quite plausible they just weren't thinking that far ahead.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535 and Red

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Why couldn’t they try moving him at the deadline if they didn’t plan on qualifying him?

This is what we should all be upset about.

Yes, it can be a tricky situation where Hutton oddly may have some leverage with the arbitration rights and could force us into a not great deal (although it would only be 1 or 2 years, our choice), it's that if they knew this situation was coming this summer they should have moved him for literally anything. Mid round pick? Sure, done, great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->