Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Devils, Monday morning (WTF?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yep. 10 a.m. PST. Pettersson vs. Hischier. Why didn't they knock out the NJD game when they visited the NYC metro area in November?
emot-iiam.gif

Taylor Hall is day-to-day, and if he's out, that's good news for us.

Mackenzie Blackwood made 40 saves against Boston and then picked up his first shutout against Carolina.

Cory Schneider has gone 1 calendar year without a regular-season win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
So reports out of jersey Is Taylor hall is already ruled out for tomorrow.

A win tomorrow and a .500 trip guaranteed.

Then winnable games in Ottawa and Montreal. Both teams missing key players

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I guess they're trying to work the Pettersson/Hischier angle for European audiences, as they did for Pettersson/Dahlin in Buffalo. The Prudential Center's only upcoming event is Disney on Ice on January 3rd

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gotta beat the Hallless Devils. 5-2 Canucks with our goals by Pettersson Boeser Horvat Virtanen and the Clamato

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Really gotta wonder what would have happened if Schneider hadn't been the one to get traded?

No Horvat... would we have been any more competitive? Or would we have been even worse off in the long run by not bottoming out like we did?

I can't imagine the amount of pressure he must be putting on himself these days. He already had anxiety issues... hitting a calendar year couldn't have helped relax him.

Was never a Schneider fan... used post about how I didn't think he was a big game goalie... but didn't expect a downfall like this either...
He's 32 turning 33 in March and clearly post-peak... 3 mores seasons on contract after this one. Eriksson's contract looks better at this point.
Doesn't look like it will end well for him in Jersey.

Blackwood (2015 pick) is off to a good start to his career.. A mere 227 mins over 5 games, 2-1 record, 1.59 GAA, 0.956 sv%... This after blaaah AHL numbers to this point. Good for now anyways...

Bratt - Hischier - Palmieri
Quenneville - Zajac - Coleman
Wood - Zacha - Noesen
Boyle - Seney - Stafford

Greene - Severson
Vatanen - Santini
Butcher - Lovejoy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don't think Markstrom should start... this reminds me of a roadtrip years ago where Luongo hurt his groin and was derailed for the rest of the season. Call up Demko or play Nilsson but Markstrom, as hot as he's been, shouldn't play this game after this travel and the F'd up start time.
I remember that...somebody on the team always got injured in these early games..fingers crossed that the team makes it through this road trip without key injuries.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
If you start Nilsson then he’s gonna get 2 of the next 3... because of back to back. Not sure they want that. No way marky plays both Montreal and Ottawa then Toronto 3 in 4 nights.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I'm think Nilsson gets either Montreal or Toronto. Just from how things have been generally shaking out, he seems to be getting the hard start in the back to backs... I guess to give Marky the break.

From the way the schedule is set up, I'm thinking probably Ottawa (Markstrom), Montreal (Nilsson) then Toronto (Markstrom)?

...although I'd give Markstrom both Montreal and Toronto personally for the best chance to win.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Don't think Markstrom should start... this reminds me of a roadtrip years ago where Luongo hurt his groin and was derailed for the rest of the season. Call up Demko or play Nilsson but Markstrom, as hot as he's been, shouldn't play this game after this travel and the F'd up start time.
It would be nice to see Demko get a game or two while the Canucks are out east but what roster move would you make for it to happen? They will need to place someone on waivers soon to activate Sutter. Would you place two players on waivers just to give Demko a look?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
It would be nice to see Demko get a game or two while the Canucks are out east but what roster move would you make for it to happen? They will need to place someone on waivers soon to activate Sutter. Would you place two players on waivers just to give Demko a look?

That seems like a move that would shoot us in the foot... we seriously can't wait till the inevitable goalie injury for Demko to come up? What's the rush?

Reactions: UticaHockey

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With the back to back coming up, I think the Canucks ride the hot hand with Markstrom here.

This is a winnable game - I would still like to see a more consistent 60-minute effort out of the team than the last two games.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That seems like a move that would shoot us in the foot... we seriously can't wait till the inevitable goalie injury for Demko to come up? What's the rush?
There is none.

I wouldnt start Marky in NJ... the way he's playing right now, rest him for the early game, then run Marky for the next 3 to finish the roadie...

I think we have a 4 day break after it... let him catch his rest there.

He recently did a b2b run during this streak of his... so why not again after a 3 day break?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
ROWGFGADifferentialGF/GGA/G PP%PK% SH% SV%
2018-1918124 129 -53.023.1018.3% 78.7% 10.6%.900
Pace36248 258 -10-------- ---- ---- --------
2017-1831218 264 -462.663.16 21.4% 78.3% 8.8%.902
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.