Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Wild - 5-2 (Pettersson x2, Virtanen, Granlund, Hutton)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Minny is the 4th best defensive team and currently the hottest team in the NHL. So in other words this is the games we win.

3-2 Canucks

Sutter, Horvat, Goldobin

Would be nice for Goldobin to actually get on the scoresheet. 0 pts in last 9 games while playing top 6 role. Yikkkkkkess

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im not allowed to sticky a thread so can a mod sticky this thread please thanks

Ubik

Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver
Feeling a win tonight. Seems like a good spot to have a bounce back game against a team we have some NorthWest rival history with.

4-3 OT

Gaud, Flow, Frenchie, EP

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Move Schaller and put Boeser there. Put Eriksson in Boeser's spot. Interesting lines...

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

Move Schaller and put Boeser there. Put Eriksson in Boeser's spot. Interesting lines...

Interested to see Gaudette on the wing in a scoring role and glad that Leipsic is out of the lineup. Schaller on the 1st line is puzzling but there's no other real option at the moment. Would be nice if EP can carry that line, Bo and Gaudette find some chemistry and once he's health Sven takes over Schaller's spot and kicks Eriksson out of the lineup.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Good to see Gaudette back in the lineup,he's definitely overdue to score...With Pete and Brock back in the lineup maybe the PP can start cashing in.

Hopefully the Canucks can bounce back from the Penguins game...What a dominant performance that was by Malkin and Crosby.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
FANTASY TALK:

Hi all,

Who do you see QBing the powerplay for the next forseeable future?

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
FANTASY TALK:

Hi all,

Who do you see QBing the powerplay for the next forseeable future?
Quinn Hughes. Edler's doing it right now, with a bit of Pouliot, but neither of them are really standouts. It's gonna be Hughes for the next decade.

For fantasy purposes, not many Canucks D make much sense this season barring an unforeseen breakout.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Quinn Hughes. Edler's doing it right now, with a bit of Pouliot, but neither of them are really standouts. It's gonna be Hughes for the next decade.

For fantasy purposes, not many Canucks D make much sense this season barring an unforeseen breakout.
Sorry, I meant for this year!

I had Edler, but with his injury I was potentially going to pick up another Canuck. But sounds like nothing is set in stone so I may not.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010

I had Edler, but with his injury I was potentially going to pick up another Canuck. But sounds like nothing is set in stone so I may not.
I'd look elsewhere for fantasy value. Canucks D are not an offensively gifted group at all.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
As it pertains to Gaudette as well maybe give him a shot on PP1 in the slot position. Having a right hand shot there could work out great to give Elias another shooting option there.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Its Poo

He seems to have a really long leash with green despite his crazy turnovers.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

These are some remarkably awful lines.

The first line is awful. The second line is pretty good, Goldobin hasn't scored but I think he's been unlucky. Roussel is on a 3rd line in the NHL. 4th line has Granlund and a 6m player.

Absolutely brutal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Brendan Leipsic sits tonight..Not sure what I think of his play..A lot of show,but no go..He is capable of scoring highlight reel goals,but 90% of the time he just blends in with the meh.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Brendan Leipsic sits tonight..Not sure what I think of his play..A lot of show,but no go..He is capable of scoring highlight reel goals,but 90% of the time he just blends in with the meh.
Leipsic makes dumb decisions with the puck too often IMO. He skates hard but doesn't get much done on the forecheck. Green wants the canucks to forecheck hard and force turnovers. It makes sense. Hopefully Leipsic comes back playing better after this scratching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad