Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-1 (Virtanen x 2, Horvat)

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Maybe not the right thread, but watching Ham and Benn move the puck, I wish there was some crazy GM out there that would pull a Nonis and trade two seconds to the Nucks ala Weinrich and Charney... Corney... Carney?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I assume this was how Demko got sniffed out:
lisa-on-ice-goalie.gif

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Franchise Center in Pettersson
Franchsie Dman in Hughes
Franchise Goalie in Demko

please for the love of god fire benning and hire competent people to run this team.

im only agreeing with Pettersson.

not until we have a defensive system where we don’t bleed scoring chances can I call Hughes a franchise dman.
He’s a 2/3 dman at this point.

Reactions: Indiana

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hey boys!

Just dropped in quick to congratulate you on the win. I knows it's been a tough season, but you guys looked a hell of a lot better tonight than last time we played you. Huge credit to Demko tonight. I thought he was extremely confident and positionally sound. I was a bit disappointed in Matthews and Tavares blasting pucks into his chest and missing the net on what should have been "gimme" high danger chances, but when you play as well as Demko did tonight, you deserve some of that puck luck as well.

Looking forward to Saturday night. Hopefully Petey is back because he's one of my favourite young guys to watch.

Congrats on a nice win!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs on a back to back.....looked completely gassed in the third period....and even at that, Demko has to be 'all-world' in this one. Of all the positive stories on the Canucks--and there hasn't been a lot this season--Demko is quietly putting together a very solid campaign.

He's legit, and will only get better. I know it was a tough call at the time, letting Markstrom walk. But I think the Canucks made the correct decision on this one.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Leafs on a back to back.....looked completely gassed in the third period....and even at that, Demko has to be 'all-world' in this one. Of all the positive stories on the Canucks--and there hasn't been a lot this season--Demko is quietly putting together a very solid campaign.

He's legit, and will only get better. I know it was a tough call at the time, letting Markstrom walk. But I think the Canucks made the correct decision on this one.

100% agree with you. He's so much further ahead than Marky at the same age - he's going to be really really good!

Signing Holtby for that amount was a huge mistake, though.

Reactions: 604 and LordBacon

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Hey boys!

Just dropped in quick to congratulate you on the win. I knows it's been a tough season, but you guys looked a hell of a lot better tonight than last time we played you. Huge credit to Demko tonight. I thought he was extremely confident and positionally sound. I was a bit disappointed in Matthews and Tavares blasting pucks into his chest and missing the net on what should have been "gimme" high danger chances, but when you play as well as Demko did tonight, you deserve some of that puck luck as well.

Looking forward to Saturday night. Hopefully Petey is back because he's one of my favourite young guys to watch.

Congrats on a nice win!
And Lucky Charms to you as well!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Demko 1 goal against in last 2 games. I’m always happy when we beat the laffs. Cast some doubt in them.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad