Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 4m
Canucks claim Ryan Stanton

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m
VAN claims Ryan Stanton from CHI.

A 24 year-old undrafted defenseman from the Blackhawks. Last year, he recorded 3G 22A 126PIM in 73GP with Rockford, and 2PIM in 1GP with Chicago.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just Googled him looks like he's been in the Chicago organization for a while. He He's fought Ben Eager and Zack Stortini in the AHL :dunno:

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
6'2 205 lb leftie.

24 years old, undrafted.

Seems to be a stalwart guy at the AHL level, always near the top of the IceHogs in scoring (among defensemen) and penalty minutes for what it's worth.

1 career NHL GP :laugh:

Given he's a lefty I guess the team thinks Andrew Alberts needs someone competing for his job..

arsmaster*

6'2 205 lb leftie.

24 years old, undrafted.

Seems to be a stalwart guy at the AHL level, always near the top of the IceHogs in scoring (among defensemen) and penalty minutes for what it's worth.

Given he's a lefty I guess the team thinks Andrew Alberts needs someone competing for his job..

I just read 6'1" 190lbs.

I don't like owning our own affiliate, seems to be making NHL moves to improve the AHL so far, but I really don't have much of an opinion on this guy, but he's cheap.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
6'2 205 lb leftie.

24 years old, undrafted.

Nothing wrong with a little competition on the left side for the number 6-8 spot. Certainly pleased to see an additional body come in and hopefully supplant good old Andy Alberts. This must put them over the 23 man roster allowance no?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
For whatever it's worth, I noticed a Chicago fan say in a thread on the main boards that Stanton should be on their roster. Says something about Stanton if Blackhawks fans think he belongs on a blueline as deep as theirs.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Nothing wrong with a little competition on the left side for the number 6-8 spot. Certainly pleased to see an additional body come in and hopefully supplant good old Andy Alberts. This must put them over the 23 man roster allowance no?

They can put Schroeder on IR.

Anyone know if Shinkaruk has been returned to Junior?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Likely means Shinkaruk is going back to junior.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
I just read 6'1" 190lbs.

I don't like owning our own affiliate, seems to be making NHL moves to improve the AHL so far, but I really don't have much of an opinion on this guy, but he's cheap.

Yeah I think it's hockeydb has him at 190 lbs, HockeysFuture has him at 205 and they still haven't even bothered updating their "future prediction" section to include a season after 2012-13..

NHL.com has him at 196 which I guess splits the difference.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Torts doesn't like carrying 8D though so...

FWIW, the guy always stood out with the IceHogs.

Yeah but Torts was coaching Eastern Conference teams before. Less travel, closer to AHL affiliates. I could see them carrying 8D and sending Shinkaruk back to Junior.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Stanton was a constantly **** disturber when I was watching the Wolves vs the Ice Hogs last season. Drove me nuts.

He can play and I can see him replacing Alberts.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Good bye Andrew Alberts, I guess.

I dunno. Might try to waive Stanton at a later date, when Schroeder gets back, just to keep him in the organization.

If Alberts gets waived, I hope they do it knowing that someone will pick him up. Free up a contract slot.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I just read 6'1" 190lbs.

If you're picking up a guy off waivers, you're taking him for your NHL team. He was going to the AHL anyways.

This is more like Dale Weise, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->