Recalled/Assigned: Canucks call-up Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt, assign Gordon and Kassian to Chicago

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Alex Ovechkin is the biggest party animal there is.

So is Mike Richards. and Patrick Kane.

I think they're ok.

If Kassian was scoring 100 points a year, he could shoot heroin up his ass with a rocket launcher, and I wouldn't care.

But he's been demoted back down to the minors for christ sakes. You think Hodgson, or any other bright, young , up and coming star player is doing that kind of stuff these days? I highly doubt it, especially if they're struggling as much as Kassian is.

LuiLui

Feb 13, 2008
Vancouver
So I don't know whats been reported but apparently my buddy saw him at Celebrities a couple of weeks ago so that would kind of fit with his lifestyle problems that they were talking about on 1040 today. Injured yet still partying is a decent reason to be sent down..Not trying to start anything..just saying what I heard.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Kassian got demoted to the minors so he prooobably shouldn't be focusing on getting trashed. If he worked out with the Sedins, he should've learned a thing or two about keeping his priorities straight.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
You think Hodgson, or any other bright, young , up and coming star player is doing that kind of stuff these days? I highly doubt it, especially if they're struggling as much as Kassian is.

Yes.

You're being very naive. Do a google search for 'richards dry island.' Jeff Carter, Mike Richards were partyharty in Philly. Simmonds and Doughty were another dynamic party duo for LA. I doubt much has changed with all three in LA. Patrick Kane is another one.

Young people do this ****. He's only 22 and he'll figure out when the time and place is for shenanigans.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Going clubbing a couple of nights a week is par for the course for that age.

We've all been there.

It's not a big deal at all. Perhaps management felt a stint in the minors would be an attitude check as well, and that's normal too.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Don't see what the issue is, really, as long as he's not getting trashed. Young players party. It's only out of sorts here because nearly every Canuck on the team is a family guy. If his back is funky... just don't dance? :laugh:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I'm 24 and I can confirm that most people my age that aren't complete shut-ins or religious zealots do drugs.

Dado

Posting potentially libelous stories about people without a source isn't acceptable.

Second time tonight it's happened, it's a safe bet infractions will come by the bucketload if it happens again.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Don't see what the issue is, really, as long as he's not getting trashed. Young players party. It's only out of sorts here because nearly every Canuck on the team is a family guy. If his back is funky... just don't dance? :laugh:

Agreed. Things are getting blown out of proportion here, he is still fairly young.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
pretty much all nhl players party in some form or another...willie mitchell was one of the biggest party animals the canucks had and yet he was always lauded as a character guy and team leader

kassian worked real hard in the offseason and fitness wasn't an issue when the season started in chicago and vancouver...letting him know that he's not entitled to a top-9 position prior to the playoffs is a pretty smart move to reinforce the work ethic he showed last summer

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Anyway, looking forward to him dominating in the AHL and seeing him back up with the Canucks soon.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Especially because of who we traded for him. Don't think Cody would be caught dead in a nightclub with more than a soda water.

uh huh, sure. Yup.

Funny though, Gillis trades Hodgson over supposed attitude problems and Kassian ends up in the minors over stupid behaviour.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
uh huh, sure. Yup.

Funny though, Gillis trades Hodgson over supposed attitude problems and Kassian ends up in the minors over stupid behaviour.

Not trying to stir the pot but I have heard that Hodgson doesn't even drink alcohol. So I don't think he'd be partying as some have said.

This isn't a knock against Kassian but comparing him to Hodgson is pretty unfair because Hodgson is an exception. That kid doesn't even eat junk food.

But anyways, the majority of young players party hard at night, that's just how it is. Most of the time its pretty benign and doesn't affect their play but sometimes it just causes distractions when it gets too extreme.

That's what happened with Richards, Carter, Lupul etc. when they were on the Flyers.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I'm 24 and I can confirm that most people my age that aren't complete shut-ins or religious zealots do drugs.

Hmph, I must hang out in the wrong places.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal, I don't see why him going out a few times a week merits demotion. His play does, though.

FWIW I am 21, single, not a shut-in, and I do no party 3 times a week. Although it is mid semester so there's that.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Still curious what Jensen staying means. The rules must've changed as I can't imagine them just deciding that he's ready otherwise.

I wonder if Kassasin going playing with twins or jensen will.......I guess we will know tomorrow is Schroeder returning to the wolves or staying up.......

Sedin Sedin Kassasin/jensen
Higgins Roy hansen?
Burrows Ebbert/Schroeder Kassasin/Jensen?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Still curious what Jensen staying means. The rules must've changed as I can't imagine them just deciding that he's ready otherwise.

Could've been a paper transaction where they demoted and recalled him immediately to preserve his loan eligibility.

Also, to clear up what we were talking about earlier, Nonis mentioned in his press conference that the 4 recall rule is still in effect under the new CBA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad