Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Blues, Sunday (start of 3-game roadtrip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
This season is so confusing. I love it when we win, I don't really mind when we lose... but I can't confidently predict which result is going to be better for the team's development in the long run.

...cause yeah, if we get top 5-10 we may get a Petterson or Hughes, or we may pick another Juolevi with this management group. No guarantees.

At least I am loving watching this young team grow and take steps forward. So lets go take another step gentlemen.

...also, screw the blues. :cool:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Time for a good ole fashion Blues curb stomping coming up :yo:

6-1 Canucks, 4 goals by Boeser, and other goals by Gaudette and Hutton

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Blues are a cautionary tale about what can happen to a team new real quick in the current NHL. Seems like only yesterday they were being mentioned in the same breath as the Pens, Caps and Sharks as Stanley Cup contenders. But they missed the playoffs last year, and look poised to do it again.

Hard to understand really. They've got some solid pieces up front with Tarasenko, Schenn, Steen and O'Reilly; and their blueline anchored by Pietrangelo and Parayko is solid. Goaltending might be an issue, But this team proved to be a coach killer for Hitch and Mike Yeo.

Canucks should go back to Nilsson for this one. Could actually see a 4-2 win for the Canucks over the reeling Blues.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Blues are a cautionary tale about what can happen to a team new real quick in the current NHL. Seems like only yesterday they were being mentioned in the same breath as the Pens, Caps and Sharks as Stanley Cup contenders. But they missed the playoffs last year, and look poised to do it again.

Hard to understand really. They've got some solid pieces up front with Tarasenko, Schenn, Steen and O'Reilly; and their blueline anchored by Pietrangelo and Parayko is solid. Goaltending might be an issue, But this team proved to be a coach killer for Hitch and Mike Yeo.

Canucks should go back to Nilsson for this one. Could actually see a 4-2 win for the Canucks over the reeling Blues.

I think the Blues have dressing room problems. Could be a factor.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

ErrantShepherd

Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Blues were a paper tiger a couple of years ago... nice to see the more time goes on, the less things change? :huh:

...did they at least finally get a 1st line center? ...is that what Ryan O'Reilly is supposed to be? :sarcasm:

ErrantShepherd

Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Remember when Ryan Oreilly said he was losing his passion for the game after all those losing seasons in Buffalo then got moved to a perennial playoff team in St. Louis?

Ragrats

cocYPEx_d.jpg

Buffalo looks all the better for it ironically. Maybe the losing was within O'Reilly all along?

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
He was being sarcastic...dude..
I like how he can comprehend and put together the word condescending insecurity but doesn't know when people are being obviously sarcastic. This persona has gone on for years now I just don't buy it anymore.

Anyway Sunday 12pm game is tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad