Canucks: Best Centre in #20 to #30 range.

AgentNaslund*

People if we trade up i want Jonathan Blum he is seriously going to be the one the best picks from this draft. If he was 2 inches taller he would be a concensous top 3 pick

the guy is 155 pounds. We complain about Raymonds weight and hes 185. Blum is listed as 6'3.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Blum is so solid, I love watching this guy, no matter how much he weighs he is a force at his position.

But I would rather see the Canucks draft a forward. Too much D prospects and current depth already.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
alex plante is a guy to consider, stay the hell away from gillies!!! i dont want him anywhere near a canuck uniform on draft day.
i think moller might be available with la's 2nd (32??).
best player available. centres would be good but dont base a pick on the position they play

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Watched Tyrell really closely tonite against the Giants. Nice little player and has a real burst of speed. However, looks like a player that has to play with someone to feed him and give him the puck in the right spots.

Looks very much like Kunitz.

See him as solid second round choice.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
The Canucks have drafted so poorly in the 1st round that they will likely go with a safe pick. Although the last time they did that they picked Nathan Smith.

It is hard to know what Nonis is going to do - not enough of a track record. With Quinn, you knew he was going to pick some big lumbering oaf (Polasek, Stojanof, Antonski). Burke liked forwards with lots of speed but no finish at the NHL level (Smith, Holden, Kesler), and the Russians he picked are all playing in Russia (Chubarov, Koltsov, Shirakov, Krikanov).

Misconceptions here. Burke had no bias towards speed. Holden was not one of his picks, but, picks like Allen, Sedins, and Bernier were not fast. Burke had no discernable bias except against 2nd rounders.

Nonis on the otherhand, clearly biasses towards speed.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
There won't be a centre available at pick 20-something who can step in and chew up top-six forward minutes within the next two years. As cliche as it sounds, the Canucks have to pick the best player available. Drafting by position need is now irrelevant. Now that players are UFA's at 25, 26 and 27, roster management is completely different than it was five to 10 years ago. Just because you have a need now, doesn't mean it'll be a need in two or three years.

Agreed completely. Sure we lack center depth and it would be nice to have more, but if we don't pick the BPA, we'd be doing ourself a disservice. Look at Nashville, they had an abundance of depth on defence and wing and were able to round out their roster by signing Arnott as a FA and bring in Forsberg at the deadline because they kept their payroll low on the back end. I'd rather pick the best player who is most likely to make an impact in the NHL than try to get a guy who isn't as highly regarded because we lack organizational depth in that position.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
the guy is 155 pounds. We complain about Raymonds weight and hes 185. Blum is listed as 6'3.

Dam i knew i would get his weight and height mixed up. But he is so good and consistent that i would not mind it one bit if we picked him up even though we could use a forward but then again Nashville doesn't seem to mind having such a lot of good young dmen

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
pick moller, you won't be dissapointed.

Honestly I totally expect Moller to be picked top 15. He has big time potential, and he's a big time offensive player. I think when the draft is done I fully expect him to come out as one of the better players selected.

BTW, there is potential that this post bites me in the ass 5 years from now if Moller turns into a bust :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->