Canucks at the Trade Deadline - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

Maybe Gillis can sign him at a good price, otherwise we'll be in the same position again.

Schroeder will be a year older, a year more experienced, and have a much better idea what to expect in the NHL.

I don't think he's done developing.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
If the return is reasonable, I want Clowe. If it includes one of our top prospects (including guys like Gaunce and Corrado), then no way.

If we're going to trade one of our better prospects, I'd look more at Jason Pominville.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
will be the rangers, sharks prob don't want to trade to van in same conference

LightningBurrows

ThreatLevelMidnight
Jan 3, 2009
Vancouver BC
This team still needs scoring, saying otherwise would be crazy.

I would rather target someone like Tanguay, Stafford or Pominville. Not Ryane Clowe, he's a bottom 6'er and we have enough of those, he'll also probably cost way to much.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If the return is reasonable, I want Clowe. If it includes one of our top prospects (including guys like Gaunce and Corrado), then no way.

If we're going to trade one of our better prospects, I'd look more at Jason Pominville.

This. My untouchable prospects would be Jensen, Lack, Corrado and Gaunce.

EDIT: And Kassian.

Really interesting that we're one of the final horses in this race.

Nov 1, 2011
Glencross is the only forward I'm hoping for at this point. I'd take him over Clowe because of Clowe wanting a three year extension and Glencross being quite cost controlled...moves Raymond to the 4th line with Lapierre and Kassian which could be a deadly 4th line.

Need a RHD trigger man too.

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
If this is a bidding war, I hope the Rangers get him. Clowe is good, but it worries me what would have to be offered to outbid Glen Sather.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
just go to the rangers, unless the price is med/low

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh boy.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 48s
Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Sharks now going to Clowe and asking him where he wants to go. Close to a resolution here.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Methinks LeBrun will be first to break this - he seems to have connections with SJ.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If this is a bidding war, I hope the Rangers get him. Clowe is good, but it worries me what would have to be offered to outbid Glen Sather.

I've been saying for weeks that I think a Clowe + Boyle for Gaborik trade makes the most sense given what both teams are looking for. We'll see if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad