Canucks at the Trade Deadline - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Booth + B prospect + conditional 1st (making conf. Finals else 2014 1st and 2013 5th) for Cammy

mrbitterguy

Sep 24, 2010
san francisco
I'm going to break my the refresh button... Or my mind... we'll see which goes first.

this gif makes a noise in my head, i think i'm in the same boat.
epJ4a.gif

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
If we add Clowe + O'Byrne (for example), I think that gives us as good a chance as any team to come out of the west (with Chicago and LA).

I think it's also important to move Luongo + Ballard for whatever we can get at this point (it's hurting the locker room having them here, imo).

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Thank goodness I have class tomorrow, won't have to drag myself through the morning refreshing and worrying about it :laugh: Hopefully come home to something good..

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Booth + B prospect + conditional 1st (making conf. Finals else 2014 1st and 2013 5th) for Cammy

Can't trade injured players.

Trading for Cammy w/ reduced salary would be beneficial for both Flames + Canucks, but I think that ship has sailed with us trading for Roy.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Good god no, there's no way Cammalleri would be worth a 1st round pick. Yeah he's signed through next year, but at his price ($6M cap hit and $7M in salary) that's a bad thing. This is a guy who has put up 50, 47, and 41 points in his last 3 seasons.

If the Flames could get a 1st rounder for him he'd be long gone already.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Good god no, there's no way Cammalleri would be worth a 1st round pick. Yeah he's signed through next year, but at his price ($6M cap hit and $7M in salary) that's a bad thing. This is a guy who has put up 50, 47, and 41 points in his last 3 seasons.

If the Flames could get a 1st rounder for him he'd be long gone already.

I'd give a 1st rounder for him and someone like Rodin if the Flames ate half his salary. Then I'd flip Raymond to Columbus for a 1.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I'd give a 1st rounder for him and someone like Rodin if the Flames ate half his salary. Then I'd flip Raymond to Columbus for a 1.

Shift those picks down a round or two and then you're talking reality. What makes you think Mason Raymond would net a better return than Jagr or Roy?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Shift those picks down a round or two and then you're talking reality. What makes you think Mason Raymond would net a better return than Jagr or Roy?

Age? And the fact that Raymond has scored more goals than Roy. For Columbus they may be looking more for someone like Raymond than someone like Roy.

Also the 1 to Calgary is to sweeten the pot enough so they pay half the salary, otherwise they could dump Cammalleri elsewhere without having to pick up salary.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Only one 1st rounder has been traded this year for a rental and that was for Iginla. You really think Mason Raymond is going to be the other one that garners a 1st? :laugh:

If he played for another team would you support the Canucks giving up their 1st rounder for him?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Only one 1st rounder has been traded this year for a rental and that was for Iginla. You really think Mason Raymond is going to be the other one that garners a 1st? :laugh:

If he played for another team would you support the Canucks giving up their 1st rounder for him?

Joe Morrow was considered to be a 1st rounder considering he's a former 1st rounder.

And remember, this is Columbus we would be dealing with. New management sure, but they are starved for a playoff spot.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah, I am not so sure Raymond could fetch a 1st. Teams value those picks a lot more then they used to. I think we would be best to use him in a player deal. If GMMG is offered a 1st for MayRay he better snatch and say no taksies backsies

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
There is no way someone would trade a 1st for Mason Raymond.

Well, I guess Nashville did trade a 1st for Gaustad so anything's possible, but it's highly unlikely.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Not a fan of the direction Gillis is going in. The Roy trade is very good, however, I am against re-signing him at the price tag he's looking at.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not a fan of the direction Gillis is going in. The Roy trade is very good, however, I am against re-signing him at the price tag he's looking at.

I believe News1130 said this morning that his agent - something-or-other Kelly - said there have been/will be no discussions with the Canucks about a contract, meaning he will go UFA at the end of the year. That would make this a pure rental rather than a long term solution.

That could all change of course, but this appears to be the thinking for the moment.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I believe News1130 said this morning that his agent - something-or-other Kelly - said there have been/will be no discussions with the Canucks about a contract, meaning he will go UFA at the end of the year. That would make this a pure rental rather than a long term solution.

That could all change of course, but this appears to be the thinking for the moment.

darthnoooooo.jpg

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

Excellent.

LightningBurrows

ThreatLevelMidnight
Jan 3, 2009
Vancouver BC

Meh...

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Maybe Gillis can sign him at a good price, otherwise we'll be in the same position again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad