Canucks' All Time Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I did some polls in the Canucks section a couple months ago, saw the Sabres thread in here, thought the rest of you would like to see how we view our own players all-time.

Personally, I'd take Mogilny off the list (replacing him with Dennis Kearns), and I'd put Tiger Williams WAY higher.

1. Trevor Linden
2. Pavel Bure
3. Markus Naslund
4. Stan Smyl
5. Kirk McLean
6. Richard Brodeur
7. Thomas Gradin
8. Todd Bertuzzi
9. Mattias Ohlund
10. Tony Tanti
11. Doug Lidster
12. Harold Snepsts
13. Ed Jovanovski
14. Greg Adams
15. Alexander Mogilny
16. Cliff Ronning
17. Don Lever
18. Brendan Morrison
19. Geoff Courtnall
20. Jyrki Lumme
21. Orland Kurtenbach
22. Petri Skriko
23. Patrik Sundstrom
24. Darcy Rota
25. Tiger Williams

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Terrific list. I'd probably put Kearns on there somewhere too, and part of me can't believe you didn't include Schmautz but I suppose it's because he didn't play for Vancouver that long (more Bruin than Canuck).

Anyway, agree Williams should be much higher and I'd move Lever up too. There are some great players on that list. Petri Skriko was a fun player to watch.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Just a few names worth mentioning that aren't on the list.

Andre Boudrias had 60+ points in each of Vancouvers first 5 years, and played about twice as many games for Vancouver as Kurtenbach.

Dennis Kearns you mentioned, and there were a few other decent D that weren't around that long, but Rick Lanz and Doug Halward stay a few years longer than most. Kevin McCarthy might deserve a little more credit for his years, as he was also captain.

Dennis Ververgaert was around a year longer than Rota or Williams, so he might be worthy of a spot, but I'd put the guys above ahead of him.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
BM67 said:
Just a few names worth mentioning that aren't on the list.

Andre Boudrias had 60+ points in each of Vancouvers first 5 years, and played about twice as many games for Vancouver as Kurtenbach.

Dennis Kearns you mentioned, and there were a few other decent D that weren't around that long, but Rick Lanz and Doug Halward stay a few years longer than most. Kevin McCarthy might deserve a little more credit for his years, as he was also captain.

Dennis Ververgaert was around a year longer than Rota or Williams, so he might be worthy of a spot, but I'd put the guys above ahead of him.
The Canuck players on the cusp when the list was finalized:
Igor Larionov, Dan Cloutier, Andre Boudrias, Dennis Ververgaert, Dana Murzyn, Dennis Kearns, Martin Gelinas, Dave Babych, Jack McIlhargey, Curt Fraser, Garth Butcher, Gary Smith, Sergio Momesso, Rick Lanz.

The list is very heavily tilted towards '94 cup run Canucks and present day Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->