Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 1: Canucks win De Six-Two-Two (their best start in eight years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
If it's not about Kassian, then put him in a position to succeed and play him with skilled players.

Considering how bad this team is struggling to score goals, how can anyone justify playing the teams leading goal scorer with Lapierre and Higgins.

Where are all the AV fanboys to explain/justify this absurd decision?

What's more important, the Canucks succeeding or Kassian scoring? The Canucks looked better after the lines were juggled so AV is going back to that winning combo. It doesn't mean Kassian is forever demoted to the 3rd line, it doesn't mean Kassian is being punished; it's just a coach trying to win a hockey game. If things don't go well today, I'm sure the lines will be switched again. This is the regular ebb and flow of any hockey team, not sure what all the breathless hand wringing is all about.

And the justification for this "absurd" decision is a 5-2-2 record and last games come from behind win.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
I'd prefer Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian line and a Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen line but whatevs.

People are forgetting that Lappy and Kassian had chemistry last season. Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian will be insanely good on the forecheck and should dominate the boards.

Try to see logic in the situation before bashing AV. Solid decision IMO.

TheCrazedMadman

Aug 31, 2010
As much as I like Burrows (his jersey is the only one I own), I think the Raymond/Shroeder/Burrows second line would have worked great....Kassian was killing it in the 1st line, if it aint broke....dont fix it

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
a bloobloobloo my favourite rookie is playing on the third line and it really upsets me for i am a manchild of the largest proportions

ZenMaster*

It's not a demotion,

This is how AV coaches young players and keeps them hungry. It can also be other factors such as fatigue or reducing minutes due to soreness, injury, illness.

He's a first year player, you can't expect him to play 82 games at the same pace or the same line. This is also the versatility brings to the line-up, Hodgson would not be able to play a grinder a role because he has no physical presence like Kassian does.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
To be fair Hansen just had a great game, and he's an incredibly streaky player offensively. He'll last a few nights in the top six at most and be back on the third line.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm predicting a 3-2 loss.
D. Sedin and Higgins with the goals.

Media and HF goes crazy about Schneider losing a game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - AV's lines are a fluid concept as the game goes on. Just because Kassian is starting on the 3rd doesn't mean he won't see PP time, or take shifts with the Twins, or whatever. AV will mix things up as he sees fit.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
The problem wasn't Kassian. It was Daniel and Henrik not playing up to their standards.

Exactly, it is crucial that AV gets the twins going and if that means demoting Kassian then so be it. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go right back to Kassian mid-game if the Sedins are struggling again

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Get ready for a ton of soft calls vs the Nucks. If they can weather the PP store the Wild usually get a home, they have a shot @ winning.

Wouldn't be shocked to see an early Wild 5on3

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
If it's not about Kassian, then put him in a position to succeed and play him with skilled players.

Considering how bad this team is struggling to score goals, how can anyone justify playing the teams leading goal scorer with Lapierre and Higgins.

Where are all the AV fanboys to explain/justify this absurd decision?

Maybe he doesn't want to play a rookie center with a 2nd year winger?:help:

edit: No wait, should be playing them together to get Schroeder some points so he can become hated by his home state :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad