Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 1: Canucks win De Six-Two-Two (their best start in eight years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Oh, i totally want to try an offensive 3rd line as well, but knowing AV he may want to employ a shutdown 3rd line to free up kesler's line for more offensive responsibility. I would prefer a more balanced scoring approach like this or at least try it and see how it works.

He says he wants a defensive third line, but I consistently see Kesler matching up against top guys when it matters (playoffs). If we want Kesler to be a shut down guy come crunch time, then we will need offense from our third line, and if we can get chemistry going now and can play our lines more equally (top 3) then we will be much more dangerous

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I would like to have an offensive third line that has Raymond and Schroeder on it even when Kesler is back, put Booth with them and that should be really solid

An offensive third line will need to produce or there's no point to it over sending out the 1st or 2nd line again. The Canucks played around with that idea a bit when Wellwood was here.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Pics, please.

daniel-sedin.jpg

that might be henrik, i have no clue

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
An offensive third line will need to produce or there's no point to it over sending out the 1st or 2nd line again. The Canucks played around with that idea a bit when Wellwood was here.

Raymond - Wellwood - Pyatt

so
many
tweeners

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Yes.... but if we put some legitimate talent on the third line we could actually use them in key situations. Booth is a top 6 guy usually and Raymond is arguably a top 6er as well

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Can't believe I'm saying this but does anyone else think that Mason Raymond is a better player if he doesn't play with Kesler?

Everyone's a better player when they don't play with Kesler.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
He says he wants a defensive third line, but I consistently see Kesler matching up against top guys when it matters (playoffs). If we want Kesler to be a shut down guy come crunch time, then we will need offense from our third line, and if we can get chemistry going now and can play our lines more equally (top 3) then we will be much more dangerous

Yeah, i hope it works out. :handclap:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Shreds had a good game great work on the Raymond goal.

Weiss did good in his fights compared to what hes done in the past. Seems to be improving his fighting.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Just goes to my point. An offensive third line that doesn't produce doesn't draw coverage off the first two lines and is pointless.

2013 Raymond > 2008-09 Raymond
Schroeder > Wellwood (defensively and physically)
Kassian/Higgins/Burrows/Hansen > Pyatt

Our potential offensive 3rd line would be better offensively, defensively, and physically compared to that 08-09 3rd line.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
You're right, I completely misread the Boxscore.

How did Torres look other than that fight (which he won)? Looks like he slotted a goal as well? Any other significant hits?

Yes clearly won the scrap. Other than that was terrible. Passes were very poor. Left before he scored but apparently was a good wrist shot. If he has decided that he is no longer going to hit, then he is pretty much done.

Good to hear that Schneider did well. Watching Smith tonite makes you appreciate what the Canucks have got - especially given Luongo's effort against the Black Hawks.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Agreed completely. I always thought Kesler was arrogant, in fact too arrogant for his own good or the teams' good. I thought he's always been like that and I don't know how someone that high on themselves' can come back to reality. If he did tone down his arrogance I think he could be a more level headed and well rounded hockey player imho...

I've never thought this of Kesler, I'm certain neither does anyone in the locker room.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
He's been much better and looks much more confident.

I'm really excited to see what this team looks like with Kesler back at full strength. A lot to like with this team imo. I'm a big Schroeder fan, I really like watching him play and find myself really hoping that he does well. And he has. Made a nice play to use his speed and attack wide on a defender tonight. He's great at making a play in the neutral zone that allows us to keep possession and that's giving his line some opportunities off the rush. Can't say enough about how impressed I am.

Kassian is learning quite well how to be consistent. He hasn't scored for a couple games but he's still working hard, still playing well defensively, still getting involved physically and still making nice plays. I really thought he was going to end up fighting Rupp tonight... Rupp played, right?

2nd line RW and 3rd line centre were big question marks coming into the season. I love that these guys have stepped up.

Agreed. Those were some pretty major holes going into the season and it looks like Kassian and Schroeder could be on their way to filling them.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am seriously salivating just thinking about kesler and booth coming back with THIS team.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
2013 Raymond > 2008-09 Raymond
Schroeder > Wellwood (defensively and physically)
Kassian/Higgins/Burrows/Hansen > Pyatt

Our potential offensive 3rd line would be better offensively, defensively, and physically compared to that 08-09 3rd line.

Yeesh. I'm not saying it won't work and I'm not comparing it to Wellwood's line. I'm just saying that it has to be worthwhile relative to the first two lines.

Scottrockztheworld*

For all of you wondering who will play next game & wondered what the coin looks like:

BCkPQ-JCMAAMAGo.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad