Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 1: Canucks win De Six-Two-Two (their best start in eight years)

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Zombotron, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On a side note, did anybody else notice that Ballard and Tanev lead the team in minutes tonight? Both had over 16. I love that.

2. orcatown

orcatown Registered User

Home Page:
    Got Hamhuis at nearly 23 mins.

In Phoenix tonight watching the Black Hawks clobber the Yotes. Way Doan looked tonite might be a very good thing we didn't sign him

3. Nuckles

Nuckles _________

He's a 36 year old who plays a physical brand of hockey, it's not surprising at all.
    His cap hit will be horrible for the last two years of his contract.

4. Grub

Grub First Line Troll

Besides where the heck are we gonna fit him. Booth and Kesler will be back soon... and then you still have the Kassians and Schroeder who I feel need to be on this team to give the team some youth.

5. RIP Botchford

RIP Botchford Passing the Torch

Not to look ahead, but we have Calgary and the Wild coming up while both being home games, hopefully we're able to keep the steak going against those two inferior teams.

6. luongo321

luongo321 Registered User

Yes, Kesler has a gigantic ego and can't and doesn't pass the puck. That 40 goal season really went to his head. Give Raymond a passer with some vision like Schroeder and he will give other teams fits. Raymond's shot is much improved. I'm really happen for him. For his sake, he's probably hoping he has elevated his play high enough that MG would rather keep him than trade him. I wonder what kind of offers MG is getting for Luongo. I could totally see Raymond and/or schroeder being involved. I could see schroeder being involved because I just don't see him being on the 3rd line after Kesler comes back. AV is obsessed with a shutdown 3rd line. He was so obsessed with a shudown 3rd line after pahlsson was acquired that he didn't seem to give a damn about getting the other lines going.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  7. You're right, I completely misread the Boxscore.

How did Torres look other than that fight (which he won)? Looks like he slotted a goal as well? Any other significant hits?

8. Nuckles

Nuckles _________

No, you were right (in a way). Ballard and Tanev led the defense in even strength ice time.

9. shortshorts

shortshorts Registered User

I'm just glad I stuck by Raymond and Ballard. Raymond is looking like the top 6 forward we need, and Ballard has been the gritty and solid defensive dmen we've wanted.

The team is going to be dangerous if Kesler returns to 09/10 form.

10. Hansen

Hansen BASED JIM BENNING

Corporate Banana
    Edler's quietly put himself in a tie with Daniel for team lead in points. He has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points in 10 games, 65.6 ppg pace over 82 games. :D

11. Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead Kitimat Canuck

Awards:
    That's enough with the talk of players' siblings, everyone. I really don't think I need to explain why. This is the only warning people will receive.

12. Nuckles

Nuckles _________

Henrik Sedin's brother is good at hockey.

13. Hansen

Hansen BASED JIM BENNING

Corporate Banana
    Heard Daniel's is alright too.

14. Agreed completely. I always thought Kesler was arrogant, in fact too arrogant for his own good or the teams' good. I thought he's always been like that and I don't know how someone that high on themselves' can come back to reality. If he did tone down his arrogance I think he could be a more level headed and well rounded hockey player imho...

15. Pip

Pip Registered User

Nope, Henrik isn't really good he just is a product I having an elite player on his line, same with Daniel

16. Post of the year right there! :handclap:

17. luongo321

I just hope the entire hockey world mocking his diving has snapped some sense into him. When he plays his game, he is incredible.

18. 604

604 Registered User

Cup is the first priority (it goes without saying really) but winning the Presidents Trophy doesn't hurt your chances to win the Cup so why not try to do both.

Just make sure guys are ready for the playoffs when you can (I.e. Don't play Kesler hurt for three months, let him try to heal).

19. Pip

Pip Registered User

I would like to have an offensive third line that has Raymond and Schroeder on it even when Kesler is back, put Booth with them and that should be really solid

something like...

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Kassian
    Higgins Kesler Burrows/Kassian
    Raymond Schroeder Booth
    Hansen Lapierre Malhotra/Weise

Higgins and Hansen are interchangeable because both are generally streaky so I would play the one that's going at the time

20. luongo321

Totally agree. Home ice advantage is helpful. There are a lot of other teams that aren't as strong on the road so even if we are fairly good home/away, it may still benefit us by taking away what would be an advantage for another team. I think that makes sense. In every single series of 2011, I think we went up 2 games to 0. No chance in hell that happens if we didn't have home-ice advantage.

21. luongo321

Oh, i totally want to try an offensive 3rd line as well, but knowing AV he may want to employ a shutdown 3rd line to free up kesler's line for more offensive responsibility. I would prefer a more balanced scoring approach like this or at least try it and see how it works.

22. Nuckles

Nuckles _________

With the crazy amount of forward depth we have right now, if everyone is healthy at the same time then we could have a shutdown 4th line.
    Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian
    Booth - Kesler - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
    Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
    ^ is the top 9

23. luongo321

AV is going to have a field day with all of the line combinations. I am so eager to find out what our lines could end up looking like after a Luongo trade. I kinda feel that MG will wait as long as possible to trade him because he will want to see how well kesler and booth are playing. If they are rolling, we may be able to address different needs. Who knows.

24. Nuckles

Nuckles _________

If Kesler and Booth play well, then we have zero reason to trade Luongo this season unless we get an upgrade on forward.
    If we're going to move him for prospects/picks, we might as well wait until the draft.

25. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Fire Benning

Pics, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.