Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 1: Canucks win De Six-Two-Two (their best start in eight years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieCrumbs*

On a side note, did anybody else notice that Ballard and Tanev lead the team in minutes tonight? Both had over 16. I love that.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Got Hamhuis at nearly 23 mins.

In Phoenix tonight watching the Black Hawks clobber the Yotes. Way Doan looked tonite might be a very good thing we didn't sign him

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
In Phoenix tonight watching the Black Hawks clobber the Yotes. Way Doan looked tonite might be a very good thing we didn't sign him

He's a 36 year old who plays a physical brand of hockey, it's not surprising at all.
His cap hit will be horrible for the last two years of his contract.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
He's a 36 year old who plays a physical brand of hockey, it's not surprising at all.
His cap hit will be horrible for the last two years of his contract.

Besides where the heck are we gonna fit him. Booth and Kesler will be back soon... and then you still have the Kassians and Schroeder who I feel need to be on this team to give the team some youth.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Not to look ahead, but we have Calgary and the Wild coming up while both being home games, hopefully we're able to keep the steak going against those two inferior teams.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Can't believe I'm saying this but does anyone else think that Mason Raymond is a better player if he doesn't play with Kesler?

Yes, Kesler has a gigantic ego and can't and doesn't pass the puck. That 40 goal season really went to his head. Give Raymond a passer with some vision like Schroeder and he will give other teams fits. Raymond's shot is much improved. I'm really happen for him. For his sake, he's probably hoping he has elevated his play high enough that MG would rather keep him than trade him. I wonder what kind of offers MG is getting for Luongo. I could totally see Raymond and/or schroeder being involved. I could see schroeder being involved because I just don't see him being on the 3rd line after Kesler comes back. AV is obsessed with a shutdown 3rd line. He was so obsessed with a shudown 3rd line after pahlsson was acquired that he didn't seem to give a damn about getting the other lines going.

Last edited:

CookieCrumbs*

Got Hamhuis at nearly 23 mins.

You're right, I completely misread the Boxscore.

How did Torres look other than that fight (which he won)? Looks like he slotted a goal as well? Any other significant hits?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
No, you were right (in a way). Ballard and Tanev led the defense in even strength ice time.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I'm just glad I stuck by Raymond and Ballard. Raymond is looking like the top 6 forward we need, and Ballard has been the gritty and solid defensive dmen we've wanted.

The team is going to be dangerous if Kesler returns to 09/10 form.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Edler's quietly put himself in a tie with Daniel for team lead in points. He has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points in 10 games, 65.6 ppg pace over 82 games. :D

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That's enough with the talk of players' siblings, everyone. I really don't think I need to explain why. This is the only warning people will receive.

Steve Bennett*

Yes, Kesler has a gigantic ego and can't and doesn't pass the puck. That 40 goal season really went to his head. Give Raymond a passer with some vision like Schroeder and he will give other teams fits. Raymond's shot is much improved. I'm really happen for him. For his sake, he's probably hoping he has elevated his play high enough that MG would rather keep him than trade him. I wonder what kind of offers MG is getting for Luongo. I could totally see Raymond and/or schroeder being involved. I could see schroeder being involved because I just don't see him being on the 3rd line after Kesler comes back. AV is obsessed with a shutdown 3rd line. He was so obsessed with a shudown 3rd line after pahlsson was acquired that he didn't seem to give a damn about getting the other lines going.

Agreed completely. I always thought Kesler was arrogant, in fact too arrogant for his own good or the teams' good. I thought he's always been like that and I don't know how someone that high on themselves' can come back to reality. If he did tone down his arrogance I think he could be a more level headed and well rounded hockey player imho...

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Agreed completely. I always thought Kesler was arrogant, in fact too arrogant for his own good or the teams' good. I thought he's always been like that and I don't know how someone that high on themselves' can come back to reality. If he did tone down his arrogance I think he could be more level headed imho...

I just hope the entire hockey world mocking his diving has snapped some sense into him. When he plays his game, he is incredible.

Nov 1, 2011
I would much rather be 8th and go on to win the Cup than get another Presidents Trophy.

Cup is the first priority (it goes without saying really) but winning the Presidents Trophy doesn't hurt your chances to win the Cup so why not try to do both.

Just make sure guys are ready for the playoffs when you can (I.e. Don't play Kesler hurt for three months, let him try to heal).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I would like to have an offensive third line that has Raymond and Schroeder on it even when Kesler is back, put Booth with them and that should be really solid

something like...

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Kassian
Higgins Kesler Burrows/Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Booth
Hansen Lapierre Malhotra/Weise

Higgins and Hansen are interchangeable because both are generally streaky so I would play the one that's going at the time

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Cup is the first priority (it goes without saying really) but winning the Presidents Trophy doesn't hurt your chances to win the Cup so why not try to do both.

Just make sure guys are ready for the playoffs when you can (I.e. Don't play Kesler hurt for three months, let him try to heal).

Totally agree. Home ice advantage is helpful. There are a lot of other teams that aren't as strong on the road so even if we are fairly good home/away, it may still benefit us by taking away what would be an advantage for another team. I think that makes sense. In every single series of 2011, I think we went up 2 games to 0. No chance in hell that happens if we didn't have home-ice advantage.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I would like to have an offensive third line that has Raymond and Schroeder on it even when Kesler is back, put Booth with them and that should be really solid

Oh, i totally want to try an offensive 3rd line as well, but knowing AV he may want to employ a shutdown 3rd line to free up kesler's line for more offensive responsibility. I would prefer a more balanced scoring approach like this or at least try it and see how it works.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Oh, i totally want to try an offensive 3rd line as well, but knowing AV he may want to employ a shutdown 3rd line to free up kesler's line for more offensive responsibility. I would prefer a more balanced scoring approach like this or at least try it and see how it works.

With the crazy amount of forward depth we have right now, if everyone is healthy at the same time then we could have a shutdown 4th line.
Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
^ is the top 9

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
With the crazy amount of forward depth we have right now, if everyone is healthy at the same time then we could have a shutdown 4th line.
Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins/Burrows/Kassian
^ is the top 9

AV is going to have a field day with all of the line combinations. I am so eager to find out what our lines could end up looking like after a Luongo trade. I kinda feel that MG will wait as long as possible to trade him because he will want to see how well kesler and booth are playing. If they are rolling, we may be able to address different needs. Who knows.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
AV is going to have a field day with all of the line combinations. I am so eager to find out what our lines could end up looking like after a Luongo trade. I kinda feel that MG will wait as long as possible to trade him because he will want to see how well kesler and booth are playing. If they are rolling, we may be able to address different needs. Who knows.

If Kesler and Booth play well, then we have zero reason to trade Luongo this season unless we get an upgrade on forward.
If we're going to move him for prospects/picks, we might as well wait until the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad