Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 1: Canucks win De Six-Two-Two (their best start in eight years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good game, but I didn't turn it on until the 3rd. Devils are priority!:laugh:

ZenMaster*

Unbelievable that this team does not have Kesler AND Booth. When they come back its going to feel like we acquired two top six forwards for free.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I say Schneider. Had a strong game, let him build off of it.

Agreed. Especially in the 2nd, he was really strong. But then, you could really go either way on this one - I don't think there's a wrong choice for the next game.

Schroeder (and Garrison) robbed by the Minnesota score-keepers on Raymond's goal. The Minnesota player didn't control the puck - they should each get helpers on that.

Nice to see Higgins hit the scoresheet. And what a beautiful goal by Hansen - the pass, the catch, the release...perfect.

I felt this may have been Garrison's strongest game in a Canuck uniform. Was calm with the puck, always seemed to be in the right position, was a factor offensively, and an effective physical presence.

Tanev had a really good game, too; looked really confident out there. Perhaps some of the afterglow of scoring his first career goal.

Schroeder had some nerves at first, but was a real threat afterward. Did some real good work on Raymond's goal (he has been on the ice for every goal Raymond has scored this year...coincidence? I think not).

All in all, a pretty nice, effective road game. A shutout would have been nicer, but hard to complain about this one.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Gotta think Schnu starts next game.

If Schroeds can maintain a decent level of play against the better bigger teams:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond/Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins/Raymond - Malhotra - Lapierre

Volpatti drawing in for bigger teams.

Lots of room for changing up the lines with the wingers.

We have a deep roster top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad