Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Oilers 0: ROYROYROYROYROYROYROYROY

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think the Canucks will want Corrado to spend a full season in the AHL getting top 4 minutes, instead of being a depth d-man getting minimal minutes/being a healthy scratch.

Almost certainly. Easy enough to get Barker level guy for $600K as an #8 dman to sit in the pressbox. If Corrado is much better just call him up as needed.

And I know you hate Lapierre, but I think Gillis will try to keep him unless his asking price is too high. Center depth is important, and Lapierre can be an effective 4th liner (yes AV, 4th liner, NOT 3rd liner).

Not adverse to keeping Lappy but in that role. It would make Schroeder trade though as he has no spot on team while Sedin/Kesler/Roy are here and AV wants a Lapierre style 4C.

Last edited:

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Roy Kesler
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Higgins Lapierre Hansen

That is a spectacular line-up...

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Really sad I never got to see Bure play. I was almost named after him lol.

I loved the hootering and hollering from his Canuck teammates when Roy was talking to the media. Great bunch of guys here.

And was AV's comment about Kassian really necessary? "It was good to see Zack get a good goal at the end, though the goal had no importance on the game"
Last part wasn't needed. Maybe it looks worse than it is and didn't mean it that way but could have worded it a bit better.

After Zack finally breaks the slump he says that? Sure its true, but its not exactly an encouraging comment to a young kid trying to become a fixture in the lineup. I do not like the way AV handles players through the media. I know this isn't that bad, but just in general he goes about the wrong way of attacking players sometimes. I doubt he meant to be mean, but it comes off that way.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Really sad I never got to see Bure play. I was almost named after him lol.

After Zack finally breaks the slump he says that? Sure its true, but its not exactly an encouraging comment to a young kid trying to become a fixture in the lineup. I do not like the way AV handles players through the media. I know this isn't that bad, but just in general he goes about the wrong way of attacking players sometimes. I doubt he meant to be mean, but it comes off that way.

Not too worried about that comment. Zack in an interview after the game even mentioned how the goal didn't mean anything except for his confidence.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
What is going on here?

165572792_slide.jpg

I don't even...

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I don't understand people's infatuation with Schroeder, he hasn't looked like an NHL calibre 3C during any extended period of play.

He should make the Black Aces squad but anything more than that and the Nucks have some serious injuries.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
WE DO NOT NEED RAFFI TORRES ON THIS TEAM. If you don't remember, he WAS playing when we got murdered by Boston in the SCF. Fat lot of good his presence did then.

I appreciated him for what he was when he had him, but I don't see how a guy marked around the league will help a team that already has referee bias against them.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Not too worried about that comment. Zack in an interview after the game even mentioned how the goal didn't mean anything except for his confidence.

That's not the point. How does this sound?

"It was good to see Zack get a good goal at the end."

or

"It was good to see Zack get a good goal at the end. He was rewarded for playing a lot better since getting called up again."

When are we going to stop making excuses for the passive aggressive comments AV makes? They're simply not necessary.

When Lu was making comments like that, he was getting crucified, but AV seemingly makes one or two every other day and he gets away with it.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I have no idea why nobody has discussed the most important part of the season so far......

Did the canucks ask Tanner Glass if it was ok to give Roy #15????

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It kind of surprises me that people want to split up the Higgins-Roy-Hansen line already.

We need to see a few more games before making any judgement, but that line obviously looked extremely good tonight. If it works, then you have two cohesive lines for the playoffs. Go with what has been proven to work.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
xxx - Kesler xxx
Higgins-Roy-Hansen.

You obviously just need to find a combination that works with Kesler. I think they should give Kassian a chance to play with Kesler in the playoffs. There is no question that Kassian would be a huge defensive liability, but his physical play and offensive touch make him the best option at this point.

Plus, if people around the league hated Kesler before, just imagine if he had Kassian patrolling his wing. Those two together could terrorize a team during a 7 game series. Kesler would be more abrasive than ever, and in the playoffs that's a good thing.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
It kind of surprises me that people want to split up the Higgins-Roy-Hansen line already.

We need to see a few more games before making any judgement, but that line obviously looked extremely good tonight. If it works, then you have two cohesive lines for the playoffs. Go with what has been proven to work.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
xxx - Kesler xxx
Higgins-Roy-Hansen.

You obviously just need to find a combination that works with Kesler. I think they should give Kassian a chance to play with Kesler in the playoffs. There is no question that Kassian would be a huge defensive liability, but his physical play and offensive touch make him the best option at this point.

Plus, if people around the league hated Kesler before, just imagine if he had Kassian patrolling his wing. Those two together could terrorize a team during a 7 game series. Kesler would be more abrasive than ever, and in the playoffs that's a good thing.

Kesler could also cover up for a lot of kassians defensive errors.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Was the last rush for the 4th goal necessary?
It is nice to see Kassian get a goal...
But there is less than 20 seconds left in a 3-0 game...

yes imo, I have been critical of this team for lacking a killer instinct, we need to bury teams, not just look to beat them.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The comment by AV shows some bias against the player. Really pointless to add that bit at the end.

He should be supportive, and he could have said something like "he played a great game tonight and he got rewarded for it" and just left it at that.

Backhanded compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad