Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Avalanche 1: Slowest GDT of the season

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm as big a Canucks fan as the next guy, but, these games aren't entertaining. They have few redeeming qualities, other than maybe a dominating Sedin shift or two. There are two powerplays a night because the league wants clutch and grab again. These games are barely watchable. How anyone maintained fandom during the lean, lean years, I can only say they are very stubborn human beings, and I commend them for their determination and dedication to suffering. We have talent, those teams really didn't. Nicely done.

I've invested an unbelievable amount of time in this crapheap and I'll be damned to walk away now, pot committed to the grave. But damn, this is some ugly, ugly hockey right now...beats losing though. 2 points. Oilers next.

Agree completely, I am like the biggest fan but these games are boring as hell. Hopefully the ratings in the western conference tanks like crazy so it will force the league to get crack down on this clutch and grab crap.

Dado

We won, but what dreadful hockey. Effective, but dreadful.

I've given up. Skipped the game completely, spent three hours blowing the hell out of people in BF3 instead.

Call me if the team finds its personality, or when our (probably short-lived) playoffs begin...

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Schneider is now 5th amongst starting goalies in GAA and 2nd in SV%. If he continues to get the majority of the starts and continues to play like this he deserves some Vezina consideration.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Agree completely, I am like the biggest fan but these games are boring as hell. Hopefully the ratings in the western conference tanks like crazy so it will force the league to get crack down on this clutch and grab crap.

I'm down to about 50% of the Canuck games and no national games outside pittsburgh. That's about 200% less hockey than I've watched since the lockout and I can't be the only one. They'll probably blame it on the lockout.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
That's absolutely true, but we also know what happens more often than not when this team plays for the one goal win -- and it isn't an outcome that involves the boys dancing around in the dressing room afterward while Bieksa sings along with "SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!" on the ipod.

Ummmmm canucks are 12-1-2 in one-goal games

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I remember Luongo's first two seasons here. The hockey that was played by the Canucks was unwatchable...I would either start watching a game, and fall asleep during the game, or skip it all together. This is the same kind of unwatchable product.

I don't mean to delve into an AV debate, but this kind of tight, defensive hockey is employed by teams that lack the skill to play any other way and still have success. It doesn't take a skilled team or skilled coach to play this kind of way. I understand why we're playing this way right now, but we've been playing this way since last year. You can't fix a PP by playing better defensively. You can't find a way to break neutral traps by employing the neutral trap yourself.

It seems to be a default for AV to play this way. Other teams are doing things like set plays to generate more offense. I don't claim to have the solution, but AV is not it.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I remember Luongo's first two seasons here. The hockey that was played by the Canucks was unwatchable...I would either start watching a game, and fall asleep during the game, or skip it all together.

I don't mean to delve into an AV debate, but this kind of tight, defensive hockey is employed by teams that lack the skill to play any other way and still have success. It doesn't take a skilled team or skilled coach to play this kind of way. I understand why we're playing this way right now, but we've been playing this way since last year. You can't fix a PP by playing better defensively. You can't find a way to break neutral traps by employing the neutral trap yourself.

It seems to be a default for AV to play this way. Other teams are doing things like set plays to generate more offense. I don't claim to have the solution, but AV is not it.

I guess you were asleep for Daniel's goal?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I've given up. Skipped the game completely, spent three hours blowing the hell out of people in BF3 instead.

Call me if the team finds its personality, or when our (probably short-lived) playoffs begin...

You mad bro? Lol. You dont like it, dont watch.
Never seen this much complaining after a 6th straight win. 4-1 to boot.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey guys, been awhile.

Was unimpressed with the effort tonight but I guess the win is what counts. It was nice to see the Sedin line step up for the first time in awhile and help win this game. Schneider was the other obvious star. I hope AV doesn't feel compelled to squeak in a start or two for Luongo (as much as I love Roberto!) and keeps running with Schneider.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
How does Alberts still have a job? It's like the puck is a grenade every time he gets it.

this is his only competition

7798188.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad