Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Panthers 2. EP down. Life not worth living.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The message this team is sending out is clear as crystal: hey hey come over and take a piss on all our best young players, we'll just be standing riiiiiight there. It's open season!!!! Come and get them boys!

I would like to take this opportunity to ask those who thinks this team is full of character and grit, right in the face: Where exactly the f*** are those "grit"?

Those who are on ice while EP40 was getting hit, aside from the goalie, should get a medical examine to see where their balls went.

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Personally it's not so much that I want a violent response here as it is just a lack of identity and direction of the team. Isn't this why we brought in guys like Gudbranson, Schaller, Roussel? The front office seems to like to talk about toughness and accountability when they bring these guys in, then an in-game situation that calls for it actually happens... and we get nothing, coach tells the players to stand down and go for the win. Why even bother having these guys then?
Well said.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Personally it's not so much that I want a violent response here as it is just a lack of identity and direction of the team. Isn't this why we brought in guys like Gudbranson, Schaller, Roussel? The front office seems to like to talk about toughness and accountability when they bring these guys in, then an in-game situation that calls for it actually happens... and we get nothing, coach tells the players to stand down and go for the win. Why even bother having these guys then?

Agreed. If we wanted to go with this approach then we should have went the Calgary way. Everyone is confused right now.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Horvat broke my heart tonight. He is never gonna be my captain.

Elias is the only running candidate for the C
It seems like Horvat and other young players are envious of Petersson”s skill . Bo wants to be the guy but look at his attitude when Peterson got hurt. He didn’t give a shit. Too much myself and me attitude. Canadian heart my ass

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
If I'm a Canuck bottom 6 forward, I am going for blood on matheson next time they play. Don't **** with one of my skilled younger teammates thats still learning the ropes.

Forget bottom six, anyone should’ve . Heck the sedins might’ve showed more pushback. What a joke

Reactions: Castle8130

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hindustan Smyl is a big supporter of the idea that guys like Gudbranson and Roussel were brought in so that teams wouldn't take liberties with our young players. I wonder where he is tonight...
Not only him. Bonose, timbermen and the rest of the gang.

wE nEeD tUfF vEtErAnS 2 pRoTeCt OuR bEsT pLaYeRs

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It seems like Horvat and other young players are envious of Petersson”s skill . Bo wants to be the guy but look at his attitude when Peterson got hurt. He didn’t give a ****. Too much myself and me attitude. Canadian heart my ass

Embarrassing post.

Reactions: EP40

member 290103

Iain Mcyntire on the radio saying that two points are so hard to come by the Canucks could not try to exact revenge.

Two problems with that:

1) Two points are irrelevant for this team. They are not playoff contenders. Team building is relevant.

2) Even if Gudbranson went down the ice and challenged Matheson to a fight, and then beat the piss out of him, what's the ramification? Likely it's two five minute majors - losing Gudbranson is not a huge loss. The team could have defended the lead without him.

I was honestly just hoping for anything....even to see Virtanen go out and level someone with a hit....something...

A really pathetic display.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I think you're wrong about that. It won't stop physicality entirely, but nhl players have a proclivity for self-preservation just like normal humans do. Do you not believe this? A punk is not going to bully the skinny nerd in the school yard if he knows his 20 bigger friends are going to stand up for him.

What does "self preservation" mean in this context? According to your thinking the consequence for this hit should be what, a fight? So, the risk of being punched a couple times? Maybe a broken nose? Much more likely it's 30 seconds of wrestling while most of the crowd looks at their phones. That risk is not going to weigh on the mind of any of these guys. It doesn't work like that.

When did Matheson cross the line? Most of us would agree it wasn't the initial hit. So, is his fear of retribution supposed to kick-in sometime after that hit and before he bodyslams Elias? If the Canucks are properly deterring teams does Elias never get hit? That doesn't seem realistic at all.

I agree, they've failed on their own terms.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Matheson shouldn’t get any games . That isn’t the issue. The issue is the Canucks showing no pushback and they haven’t showed it in years. Travis green basically said he’s a star player so he’s going to hit ‍. Great job idiot. Let’s give every team a free shot at him

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Just got home to see all this. Doesnt look that bad, hopefully he is back in a week. If our “tough” guys really didnt answer back even if Green told them no is brutal. They all have longer contracts and more salary than Green. It was a fun 5 games while it lasted. f*** this team, as Louis CK says “why the f*** would anything nice ever happen?”

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
It seems like Horvat and other young players are envious of Petersson”s skill . Bo wants to be the guy but look at his attitude when Peterson got hurt. He didn’t give a ****. Too much myself and me attitude

It really did look like nobody cared, and that's a big problem. First thing I'd do is send down Schaller and call up Archibald. And he can bring back Biega on his way. You don't have to have a bunch of pugilists, but you do need people who care about their teammates. To take one example of a guy who clearly doesn't, the only player I've ever seen Gudbranson stand up for is himself. Somewhere out there Dorsett is shaking his head.

member 290103

Matheson shouldn’t get any games . That isn’t the issue. The issue is the Canucks showing no pushback and they haven’t showed it in years. Travis green basically said he’s a star player so he’s going to hit ‍♂️

Yeah, this is sort of the way I feel too.....if Matheson gets suspended, that gives me no satisfaction.

The Canucks should just offer Gudbranson around the league at 1/2 salary in exchange for any draft pick at all. The player is so completely useless. Deterrent? What a f***ing joke.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Ugh, what a demoralizing day. I feel bad for EP's parents, I remember during the video that they made his mom said that she was most worried that EP would get hurt. Well it happened, and this spineless team didn't do anything about it.

Hope he gets better quick.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I came here assuming everyone would be mad at Matheson for the hit, but oddly enough all I've seen are posts where everyone else aside for him are being complained about. Then I remembered that this is HF boards, and all we do as a group routinely complain about is the team that Benning has put together, and I felt dumb for my silly assumption.

I certainly do get the frustration about no pushback from the team, but I guess I didn't think that's all the fans would be talking about, especially not in the wake of the Moore/Bertuzzi history.

Reactions: Dana Murzyn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->