Prospect Info: Canucks 2019 Prospect Rankings - #8

Who is the Canucks #8 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
Voted for Keppen. I don't have much hope with other guys so I picked one with potential and have a plenty of time to develop. Also, his production suffered by playing for a terrible team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Rafferty can’t skate.

It looked like when you take your friend who never skated before to public skating and he doesn’t do his skates up tight enough and the insides of his ankles are almost hitting the ice.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
One thing that shouldn't go unnoticed is that Jonah Gadjovich hasn't even been added to the list as a polling option. And I'm not even sure I can add him over guys like Utunen, Teves, Chatfield, or Kielly. He may be one of the last prospects added to the list. He has fallen off an absolute cliff.

I still think Gadjovich will be fine. Will need a few years.

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I still think Gadjovich will be fine. Will need a few years.
Oh he's a horrible skater, there can be no denying that but for me at least, he is every bit as deserving (undeserving) of listing here as Kole Lind is. Same goes for Lukas Jasek minus of course the lofty draft position and Benning infatuation.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Rafferty can’t skate.

It looked like when you take your friend who never skated before to public skating and he doesn’t do his skates up tight enough and the insides of his ankles are almost hitting the ice.

Nonsense, he was signed because he's an excellent skater. On the other hand, I thought his first game was a complete disaster compared to Teves's first game which was solid but unspectacular. Rafferty's second game however showed some offensive potential and puck moving ability, but still spotty gap control. Needs work on the defensive side of things. However there's no doubt he skates well and can also shoot the puck.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nonsense, he was signed because he's an excellent skater. On the other hand, I thought his first game was a complete disaster compared to Teves's first game which was solid but unspectacular. Rafferty's second game however showed some offensive potential and puck moving ability, but still spotty gap control. Needs work on the defensive side of things. However there's no doubt he skates well and can also shoot the puck.

I disagree as strongly as possibly relative to the sample size in question.

He has a better pro frame than Teves (who looked like a tiny ECHLer) and showed some decent puck skills but his skating and footwork were putrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad