6. Tyler Madden (28/59)

olli_juolevi_tps-1.jpg

7. Olli Juolevi, D, Utica (AHL) - 5th Overall, 2016
(61/82 votes - 74.4%)
2018 ranking - #4

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Voted MacEwan, but I'm surprised Brisebois is getting so few votes/mentions. He's pretty much already at a #7-level Dman and his floor is a #6 imo. That's more than you can say about a lot of the names left.

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I don’t rate Dipietro at all and suspect he’ll have a Lind/Gadjovich type fall in next year’s rankings.
I don't like that I'm agreeing with you, but is it possible we've been sucked into reading too much into his San Jose debut/debacle?

Reactions: bh53

Carnal

May 29, 2018
That Finnish guy convinced me in the other thread, I'm voting for sure fire NHL top 6er 0.5ppg Petrus Palmu until he gets in. If it weren't for us, the fans, he'd already have a couple of 40 point seasons, if I understand the criticism correctly...

Reactions: LaVal

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Man, what a mediocre prospect pool. There's a group of about 4-5 guys who are valid choices here, so take your pick.

DiPietro probably ends up taking this, so I'll just say I'm pretty skeptical of goalie prospects until they start playing pro hockey. Definitely wouldn't be my choice here, but so be it.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Rathbone. Too bad his first name isn't William.

Like others, I'm wary about hyping goalies until the show the can get it done as a pro. DiPietro's height only heightens my wariness.

But I"ll agree that DiPietro probably has the highest ceiling of the options. Just can't bring myself to vote for a goalie yet.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is where everything falls off a cliff. Everyone from here on out is a massive longshot.

Voted MacEwen because he’s the guy closest to the NHL and performing at the highest level.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I think there's still a few guys left with bottom 6 potential (or the defenseman equivalent). Could be that none of these guys get more than a cup of coffee too. Dipietro too I think will top out as a decent backup, if he's lucky.

But I'm voting for Keppen as I think he and Rathbone have upsides beyond a low to mid-low NHL player... Keppen especially. I think Keppen was a poor man's Peyton Krebs, in that he was a (if not the) top player on a very bad team and has good size, tools and motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I’d say that Rathbone has the highest upside at this point and his development seems to progressing well so he gets my vote here.

Don’t see DiPietro as an NHL goalie,he leaves too much room up high and NHL shooters will find those spots and pick him apart.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
One thing that shouldn't go unnoticed is that Jonah Gadjovich hasn't even been added to the list as a polling option. And I'm not even sure I can add him over guys like Utunen, Teves, Chatfield, or Kielly. He may be one of the last prospects added to the list. He has fallen off an absolute cliff.

Reactions: timw33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad