Prospect Info: Canucks 2019 Prospect Rankings - #5

Who is the Canucks #5 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Juolevi, for all his stagnation, will end up in the NHL by hook or by crook, even if they force it. The enthusiasm for Höglander inmediately after the draft is reminding me very much of the Lind/Gadjovich euphoria (you can’t say a player is a draft steal yet, by definition, when anyone else at the time had the identical information we have now!)

I think even putting Woo ahead of Juolevi is a bit of a stretch, to be honest.

Pretty much exactly where I am at.

I also wonder about guys like Hoglander who have man bodies at 18 as well. How much upward trajectory is left in a guy who basically looks like a cross fit athlete at 18? How much stronger will he get?

Looks like a nice pick and has some upside, but "steal" along with "fleece" is one of the worst descriptors used on this forum.

While I think Hoglander, Madden and Woo are in a similar grouping, I don’t think picking Hoglander over the other two, especially Woo, is unreasonable. Personally, I prefer Hoglander given his success in the SHL which is a better indicator of NHL success than Woo’s performance in the WHL. If anything, Woo is more likely to be a Gadjovich or Lind given the disparity between the CHL and professional hockey in general.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Juolevi, for all his stagnation, will end up in the NHL by hook or by crook, even if they force it. The enthusiasm for Höglander inmediately after the draft is reminding me very much of the Lind/Gadjovich euphoria (you can’t say a player is a draft steal yet, by definition, when anyone else at the time had the identical information we have now!)

I think even putting Woo ahead of Juolevi is a bit of a stretch, to be honest.
Hogland over Juolevi because he hasn’t been a massive disappointment and has not had the chance to suck ass yet. He still has a high ceiling.

Reactions: lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->