7. Olli Juolevi (61/82)
8. Michael DiPietro (38/96)
9. Jack Rathbone (38/98)
10. Zack MacEwen (73/129)

f8UmwgHk_400x400.jpg

11. Will Lockwood, RW, U. of Michigan (NCAA) - 64th Overall, 2016
36/114 votes - 31.6%
2018 ranking - #15

Added Focht. And this list is getting pretty Fochting shallow.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....poll results so far confirm just how far Lind and Gadjovich have fallen in the minds of the Canuck faithful. It's not like both these guys were late round flyers by the Canucks. Lind was picked at the top of the second round; and Gadjovich later in the second round of the same 2017 draft. It would be huge whiff by the Canucks if they both bomb.

Still, I'm not prepared to write off Lind after one bad season in Utica....so he gets my vote at #12.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Wow!....poll results so far confirm just how far Lind and Gadjovich have fallen in the minds of the Canuck faithful. It's not like both these guys were late round flyers by the Canucks. Lind was picked at the top of the second round; and Gadjovich later in the second round of the same 2017 draft. It would be huge whiff by the Canucks if they both bomb.

Still, I'm not prepared to write off Lind after one bad season in Utica....so he gets my vote at #12.
I feel like it’s probably because the excitement has come down after a tough first season and now their ceilings and floors just aren’t really known anymore. Brisebois, on the other hand, at least looks like he could become a #7-8 d-man so he’s more of a known product. That’s why I’m going with easy breezy.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brisebois is an OK mid-pairing AHL defender at this point and I feel the fact he's played a couple games in an injury crunch is getting him over-rated. He's not very good and is closer to the Joe Labate level of prospects than an actual likely NHLer.

Reactions: bh53 and Nucker101

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
I voted Lind - I still believe his puck skills and offensive awareness will give him a shot.

Brisebois has the skating and I think could continue to develop into a bottom pairing NHL defenseman.

I don't know much about Keppen, Karlsson, Perron, and Focht. Has anybody got any info on Karlsson - seems like a bit of a mystery.

With today's NHL placing such an emphasis on skating, I am concerned about Rafferty and Gadjovich as prospects.

S_C

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I voted Lind - I still believe his puck skills and offensive awareness will give him a shot.

Brisebois has the skating and I think could continue to develop into a bottom pairing NHL defenseman.

I don't know much about Keppen, Karlsson, Perron, and Focht. Has anybody got any info on Karlsson - seems like a bit of a mystery.

With today's NHL placing such an emphasis on skating, I am concerned about Rafferty and Gadjovich as prospects.

S_C

Karlsson is a gritty C with some scoring talent. Potential 3C, but with a lot of development ahead. He has more NHL potential due to his versatility, but his ceiling is low.

Reactions: lindgren

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
We're getting into the "unlikely to have an NHL career" category. Players can always surprise but it's slim pickins.

That said, it's nice to have close to a dozen on the board that have a legit chance of playing in the NHL.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Ethan Keppen intrigues me quite abit, one of the lone play drivers/scorers on a crap team.. is he surrounded by shit and still thriving or is he the "well someone has to score" guy

Reactions: lindgren

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
jesus Lind getting completely written off here
There's really nothing to like about him. Mediocre skater and the puck just implodes on his stick or squibs harmlessly into the corner.into the corner with every single attempt on goal. Passing was off the mark most of the season too until it did improve in the final few games. Isn't physical, doesn't win board battles; isn't defensively responsible or aware of his check even and doesn't block shots in the defensive zone.

Had kind of a cocky demeanor early on but dropped that act when he was called on it in a scrum. In short; he's the invisible man on the ice. I'll take Jonah Gadjovich's try every day of the week.

Reactions: vanuck and Hodgy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There's really nothing to like about him. Mediocre skater and the puck just implodes on his stick or squibs harmlessly into the corner.into the corner with every single attempt on goal. Passing was off the mark most of the season too until it did improve in the final few games. Isn't physical, doesn't win board battles; isn't defensively responsible or aware of his check even and doesn't block shots in the defensive zone.

Had kind of a cocky demeanor early on but dropped that act when he was called on it in a scrum. In short; he's the invisible man on the ice. I'll take Jonah Gadjovich's try every day of the week.

‘Mediocre skating’ is extremely generous. But otherwise yeah.

All I can say on Lind is that I watched him play about 35-40 times last year and not once did I walk away thinking ‘this player has NHL potential’. His high-water mark was ‘played an ok low-event bottom-6 AHL game’. There is nothing about this player that projects.

Even a guy like Brisebois who I don’t like very much and is mostly just a timid non-entity had the odd game where he skated well and showed a bit of confidence and you’d think ‘well maybe if he could string some games like this together ...’ but that just didn’t happen for Lind. He started the season consistently slow and noticeably bad and finished it consistently slow and invisible.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
‘Mediocre skating’ is extremely generous. But otherwise yeah.

All I can say on Lind is that I watched him play about 35-40 times last year and not once did I walk away thinking ‘this player has NHL potential’. His high-water mark was ‘played an ok low-event bottom-6 AHL game’. There is nothing about this player that projects.

Even a guy like Brisebois who I don’t like very much and is mostly just a timid non-entity had the odd game where he skated well and showed a bit of confidence and you’d think ‘well maybe if he could string some games like this together ...’ but that just didn’t happen for Lind. He started the season consistently slow and noticeably bad and finished it consistently slow and invisible.
Maybe Jim now has his answer as to why people weren’t taking Kole Lind...

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Lind and Gadjovich both have to come into this upcoming season showing some serious improvements in several aspects of their respective games. More of the same and they’re well on the way the way to Bustville.

Still have a soft spot for Gadjo... he’ll be fun if he works out. I may even vote for him in a spot or two.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
jesus Lind getting completely written off here

Its almost like if you have an absolutely terrible development year people will reassess their projections for you as a player. I know, its pretty crazy. I for one think Kole Lind will follow a Tim Thomas trajectory, because, why not? Anything can happen!

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Its almost like if you have an absolutely terrible development year people will reassess their projections for you as a player.

It should affect your projections, you just don't want to make the mistake of overlooking pedigree and the entire body of evidence.

It's no secret that the players that typically fall out of favour the most are usually the guys that suffer injuries or are the ones making big leaps up in competition. Do both of those things in the same year and you will get a compounding affect. Unsurprisingly, the 3 guys that have fallen the most are the 3 guys that suffered injuries, while also making a big jump in competition in Juolevi, Gadjovich and Lind.

Nothing wrong with questioning these guys. Just don't be surprised if things look drastically different next season if they are healthy.

Reactions: sting101

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
It should affect your projections, you just don't want to make the mistake of overlooking pedigree and the entire body of evidence.

It's no secret that the players that typically fall out of favour the most are usually the guys that suffer injuries or are the ones making big leaps up in competition. Do both of those things in the same year and you will get a compounding affect. Unsurprisingly, the 3 guys that have fallen the most are the 3 guys that suffered injuries, while also making a big jump in competition in Juolevi, Gadjovich and Lind.

Nothing wrong with questioning these guys. Just don't be surprised if things look drastically different next season if they are healthy.

I will stand by my original comments re Tim Thomas.

I have followed prospects on here for too long to buy any of the excuses you are selling. In fact, as a general rule, where a prospect struggles after being drafted, it is because they are not good enough to make the NHL and not a result of any excuses that fans on here can muster up (i.e., injuries, late bloomer, etc.). The reality is that the NHL is an extremely difficult league to play in and the vast majority of prospects will struggle and ultimately fail to make the NHL.

So, I certainly don't feel the need to refute any of the particular excuses you are raising since, the reality is, they are more than likely misplaced. And I have seen these excuses time and time again on this board with prospect after prospect. But I do find it interesting that you cite injuries as an excuse for these prospects, and in particular, Juolevi's development. This excuse was mustered by the troll poster Ryan Miller on many occasions but was easily debunked since Juolevi's struggles date back to prior to any of his injuries. I would imagine that the other excuses could be debunked as well but don't feel the need to waste any time doing so for the reason given above.

As I stated above, if you want to hope these players are all Tim Thomas type players, then fine, go ahead, I was once a young kid that thoughts that Evgeny Gladskikh and Ilya Krikunov would be stars in the NHL. There will always be exceptions to the rule, so you may end up being right one of these times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad