9. Jett Woo (45/146)
10. Michael DiPietro (44/132)
11. Jonah Gadjovich (49/105)
12. Petrus Palmu (72/122 Tiebreaker)
13. Lukas Jasek (58/121)
14. Tyler Madden (25/89)
15. Will Lockwood (55/97 Tiebreaker)

ep_ccw_5_jack_rathbone_(1).jpg

16. Jack Rathbone, D, Dexter School (USHS) (95th Overall 2017)
33/96 votes (34.4%)

2017/18 REG 17GP 11G 19A 30P
USHS All-USA Hockey Second Team

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
I'm voting Brisebois - hopefully if he capitalizes on his all-around skills and leadership qualities he could end up making a bottom defense pairing in the NHL.

I like MacEwen here as well - but just think that Brisebois has a better chance.

So - if Brisebois and MacEwen take the 17 and 18 spots... who gets 19 and 20? Probably two of Utunen, Sautner, McEneny, and Chatfield.

S_C

Reactions: DonnyNucker

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Voted Manukyan - has the highest ceiling, but probably the least likely to ever play in the NHL.
He has a 5% chance of even getting a contract lol. MacEwen and it’s not close for me. Decent chance he has a meaningful nhl career and the rest of the kids are long shots to excel in the AHL

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
i think i've voted for macewen for like 10 consecutive polls now lmao

Eh, I tend to vote for potential over guys who have a good shot at becoming... a low impact 4th liner. Maybe I'm not seeing what others see in Macewen, I haven't watched as many games of his as others have but I just don't see much there. Would be nice to hear why others think more highly of him.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Eh, I tend to vote for potential over guys who have a good shot at becoming... a low impact 4th liner. Maybe I'm not seeing what others see in Macewen, I haven't watched as many games of his as others have but I just don't see much there. Would be nice to hear why others think more highly of him.
It’s a combination of his tools and his extremely late development curve.
Good read on the kid:

Zack MacEwen is Better Than I Thought He Would Be

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm still on Sautner. Our top ten look pretty similar to The Sporting News' recent ranking:

PROSPECTPOSITION2018-19 TEAM (Proj.)ACQUIRED
1. Elias PetterssonLW/CVancouver (NHL)1st/2017
2. Quinn HughesLHDMichigan (NCAA)1st/2018
3. Thatcher DemkoGUtica (AHL)2nd/2014
4. Jonathan DahlenLWTimra (SHL)Trade (OTT)
5. Olli JuoleviLHDUtica (AHL)1st/2016
6. Adam GaudetteCUtica (AHL)5th/2015
7. Michael DiPietroGWindsor (OHL)3rd/2017
8. Kole LindRWUtica (AHL)2nd/2017
9. Lukas JasekRWUtica (AHL)6th/2015
10. Jett WooRHDMoose Jaw (WHL)2nd/2018
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sporting News ranks Vancouver Canucks as having the third-best farm system in NHL

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

Summary:

He's a late bloomer that has only had 3 years of serious hockey. He has grown his game exponentially in each of those years. Big, fast, smart, just inexperienced.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Maybe it’s because he’s already 24 and I just don’t view him as a true “prospect” anymore, but I LOVED Sautner’s game when he wasn’t up with the main squad last year.

The fact that he’s even played NHL minutes and didn’t look out of place should really put him around the top 10 of this list.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
we still dont know who this Lucas Jasek is with that small sample size is and thats all u need to be in the top 9
to each of their own i guess
He went 3-4-7 in six games at the end of the AHL season as a 20 year old who just stepped off a plane from Eastern Europe, then got hurt and missed most of the playoffs. The coaches in Utica called it a big loss that hurt their playoff chances. I had Jasek #8 on my own list.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Brassard Briesy Utunen should ALL be going before Macewan imo

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe it’s because he’s already 24 and I just don’t view him as a true “prospect” anymore, but I LOVED Sautner’s game when he wasn’t up with the main squad last year.

The fact that he’s even played NHL minutes and didn’t look out of place should really put him around the top 10 of this list.
Who? MacEwen? Saunter will never be more than a replacement level dman. That trash is available on the waiver wire

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
i think i've voted for macewen for like 10 consecutive polls now lmao
I'm always amazed how rookie players on the Comets get dissed in these prospect rankings. Guys like MacEwen, Brisebois and Chatfield had pretty solid seasons in the AHL as true freshman, but they get passed over on these polls for guys who've never put up a single point as a pro hockey player.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Who? MacEwen? Saunter will never be more than a replacement level dman. That trash is available on the waiver wire
Sautner looked excellent in a very small sample size at the NHL level. Made all the right plays and didn’t look out of place at all. Not much room on the back end right now, but the Canucks obviously liked him enough to give him a contract extension and didn’t view him as “trash”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe he capatained the Oil Kings to a Memorial Cup win. At 24 years old what’s to say the kid isn’t the rare late bloomer that comes out of nowhere. I’m excited to see how he looks during camp and preseason games. Not saying he’s some future #1 by any means, but if he can be a steady and reliable bottom pair defenseman, that is a great success story.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Trash..?...When your 19th (most likely) best prospect can slide in ,and play in a bottom pairing in the NHL,and not look out of place..Thats bad..?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Trash..?...When your 19th (most likely) best prospect can slide in ,and play in a bottom pairing in the NHL,and not look out of place..Thats bad..?
At no point did I criticize the Canucks prospect pool. I just posted my opinion on saunter as a prospect. He is a depth level guy who will never be a top 6 in the nhl.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
At no point did I criticize the Canucks prospect pool. I just posted my opinion on saunter as a prospect. He is a depth level guy who will never be a top 6 in the nhl.
Considering you’ve spelt his name wrong in each of your posts I don’t exactly value your take on Sautner.

Regardless, we’ll see how he does this upcoming training camp.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Considering you’ve spelt his name wrong in each of your posts I don’t exactly value your take on Sautner.

Regardless, we’ll see how he does this upcoming training camp.
Weak argument. Pathetic really. I post on an iPhone and get some strange autocorrects.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I'm always amazed how rookie players on the Comets get dissed in these prospect rankings. Guys like MacEwen, Brisebois and Chatfield had pretty solid seasons in the AHL as true freshman, but they get passed over on these polls for guys who've never put up a single point as a pro hockey player.

It's the prospect cycle. Overvalue your good junior guys, undervalue your good AHL guys. People never realize just how big the jump is from junior to the pros

Reactions: Melvin

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm not feeling the Rath. How are we supposed to assess the guy to fit him into a list like this. What is there to measure him against? He still hasn't played against anyone over 17 yet. We have spin from the Canucks, and that is about it.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I'm not feeling the Rath. How are we supposed to assess the guy to fit him into a list like this. What is there to measure him against? He still hasn't played against anyone over 17 yet. We have spin from the Canucks, and that is about it.
That's my feeling as well. He has the potential to be a pretty big riser on this list in a year from now, but he's such an unknown commodity. Looking good at a prospect camp shouldn't put him ahead of guys producing pretty well in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad