8. Nikolay Goldobin (67/146)
9. Jett Woo (45/146)
10. Michael DiPietro (44/132)
11. Jonah Gadjovich (49/105)
12. Petrus Palmu (72/122 Tiebreaker)
13. Lukas Jasek (58/121)
14. Tyler Madden (25/89)

usa_10_will_lockwood_ep.jpg

15. Will Lockwood, F, Michigan (NCAA) (64th overall, 2016)
(55/97 votes in TIEBREAKER)

2017/18 REG 16GP 4G 7A 11P // WJHC (USA) 3GP 0G 0A 0P

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Still lots of good options available. Can't really go wrong with any of Sautner, Brassard, Briseboise, Rathbone, or McEneny.

I voted Evan McEneny - his numbers in the AHL have been pretty surprising. He is a bit older, but I could see him/Sautner filling in if there are a lot of injuries.

Out of curiousity, why was Goldobin included but not Leipsic? Goldobin is 22 (turns 23 this October) with 61 games played, Leipsic is 24 (just turned 24 in May) and has 64 games played.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
MacEwen again.

Lockwood beats The Bone in the TB

Let me know who else to add. Thiessen & Stukel are the only ones I can really think of.
Carcone, Thiessen, Zhukenov, and Laplante are the only prospects remaining I believe. I would add them in that order.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
pretty much AHL guys here for me
this is where either u have it or just enough to tread AHL
Briseboia/MacEwen/Chatfield/Sautner
and then the rest
i like Utunen but only to be jsut enough to tread AHL same with lesser potential of Brassard/Rathborne

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
pretty much AHL guys here for me
this is where either u have it or just enough to tread AHL
Briseboia/MacEwen/Chatfield/Sautner
and then the rest
i like Utunen but only to be jsut enough to tread AHL same with lesser potential of Brassard/Rathborne

It is the point where most of the Junior prospects will be lucky to even sniff the AHL. Mac / Brisebois / Mc are all low potential guys, but they're at least on their way to reaching that potential.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It is the point where most of the Junior prospects will be lucky to even sniff the AHL. Mac / Brisebois / Mc are all low potential guys, but they're at least on their way to reaching that potential.
Exactly why I’d rather choose a more high variance prospect like Rathbone

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Exactly why I’d rather choose a more high variance prospect like Rathbone

If your only criteria is player ceiling, sure. However, at this point there's a small likelihood that he's ever as good as these guys already are. He wasn't even a USHS first team all-star this year as a NHL drafted senior.

At this point in time his likelihood of being an AHL player is smaller than the likelihood that MacEwan becomes a NHL player.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If your only criteria is player ceiling, sure. However, at this point there's a small likelihood that he's ever as good as these guys already are. He wasn't even a USHS first team all-star this year as a NHL drafted senior.

At this point in time his likelihood of being an AHL player is smaller than the likelihood that MacEwan becomes a NHL player.
yeah, for me at this point it is more about ceiling than "safeness" or "floor"

it's very easy to go out and sign organizational depth, hell you can even find some serviceable depth options via waivers in the fall when teams are cutting players.

I realize Rathbone is a long shot, but I do feel that he has higher upside than the players left on the board.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It's like the further you are from the nhl the more overrated you are as a prospect.

Someone like Brisebois who held his own against men in the second best league is seen as a junk prospect compared to a kid playing freaking high school hockey because "ceiling."

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
People are really underselling MacEwen. This is now the 4th poll where I've voted for him. If any of our drafted prospects put up 0.5PPG in their rookie pro season people would be ecstatic. Three years ago he was playing midget hockey. His development curve has been incredible over the past 3 seasons.

If only he had attended the summer camp...

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Huh usually here I don't care who I'm picking, but much better options than their used to be. I could see one of Rathbone/McEneny/MacEwan/Brisebois/Utenen making the show which I never felt past 12 before

I'll go Rathbone for upside but the rest have played against men and done well so it's a tough sell

May 31, 2006
It's like the further you are from the nhl the more overrated you are as a prospect.

Someone like Brisebois who held his own against men in the second best league is seen as a junk prospect compared to a kid playing freaking high school hockey because "ceiling."
I’m not high on Brisebois but I agree. I think the unknown factor makes Rathbone intriguing for many. While the unknown factor is probably enough to be ranked ahead of known junk like Gunnarsson, there’s no way he should be ranked ahead of MacEwen and Utunen.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
BBBBBBBs all around Brassard or Briesy MAYBE Utunen or Rathy

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Guillaume Brisebois has been solid at every level he's played at.

6'3" defender drafted in the 3rd round in 2015 should be a no brainer at this point

He wasn't overly impressive in his D+1 or D+2 seasons in junior, and had a solid yet unspectacular rookie AHL campaign. He maybe has a decent chance of being a 3rd pair guy, but I'd far far far far rather bank on someone with greater upside, even if they are less likely to make the NHL. I think his ranking in 15+ range is fair. Every club has a few guys of similar calibre.

I think Utunen is definitely the "best" prospect at this point (as he played in a men's pro league at age 18).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I’m not high on Brisebois but I agree. I think the unknown factor makes Rathbone intriguing for many. While the unknown factor is probably enough to be ranked ahead of known junk like Gunnarsson, there’s no way he should be ranked ahead of MacEwen and Utunen.

I'd have MacEwen ahead of 3-4 guys already ranked on this list, and it looks like he's going to lose again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->