3. Thatcher Demko (117/178)
4. Olli Juolevi (74/168)
5. Jonathan Dahlen (87/158)
6. Adam Gaudette (133/156)
7. Kole Lind (70/147)
8. Nikolay Goldobin (67/146)
9. Jett Woo (45/146)

windsor-ontario-may-28-2017-windsor-spitfires-goaltend2.jpeg

10. Michael DiPietro, G, Windsor (OHL) (64th Overall, 2017)
44/132 votes (33.3%)

2017/18 REG 56GP 29-21-1 2.79GAA .910SP // PLAYOFFS 6GP 2-4-0 2.87GAA .934SP

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Jasek Briesy Gad Brassard Palmu Rathy... lotta good quality options still. Our prospect depth is pretty sweet id say :yo:

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm surprised I'm the only one to vote MacEwen so far. It looks like Gads will win, but honestly, MacEwen had the kind of rookie season in the AHL that we'd want to see from Gadjovich. Zack does have the advantage of being closer to making the NHL.

I will admit I was quite wrong on the MacEwen signing.

Reactions: nucker11

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
To be entirely honest, I don't think I have faith that any of these remaining prospects are going to be NHL regulars. They all have as many warts as they do potential.

If strictly trying to project who has the best chance to carve out an NHL career, I think Gadjovich and Madden have the best prospects to at least make it as bottom 6 forwards. After that it's a crapshoot of players that, while nice and probably quality AHLers, will never make the NHL full time.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic? Glad to be proven wrong.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Voted Jasek.

Many of the remaining prospects are very interesting for all different reasons:
- Jasek: Talented, good skater, surprised he even came over which makes me think he is very motivated to stand out and make the NHL
- Gadjovich: Gritty, big, hard worker, unafraid to go to the physical areas of the ice, and with potentially improved skating
- Palmu: Small but sturdy, talented, help his own in a men's pro league
- Rathbone: Smooth skating defenseman, good hands, unorthodox path
- Madden: Smallish, great skater, good hands
- Lockwood: Good skater, aggressive, can he recover from multiple shoulder injuries

And then there's still Brisebois, Chatfield, MacEwen, Utunen, and Brassard

Fascinating group!

S_C

Reactions: lindgren

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I'm surprised I'm the only one to vote MacEwen so far. It looks like Gads will win, but honestly, MacEwen had the kind of rookie season in the AHL that we'd want to see from Gadjovich. Zack does have the advantage of being closer to making the NHL.

MacEven played his entire rookie season at 21 though. Gadjovich will not turn 20 till October. MacEwen was a nice surprise for sure but I don't think he's a superior prospect at this point.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
MacEven played his entire rookie season at 21 though. Gadjovich will not turn 20 till October. MacEwen was a nice surprise for sure but I don't think he's a superior prospect at this point.

I know there's an age difference there, but it's not like Gadjovich has shown he can knock the doors down in the OHL either.

I just don't see that much more upside in Gads, vs. the fact that MacEwen is already a good pro player and closer to actually being an NHL player.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Jasek.

I might consider listing some of our older prospects in Utica like Sautner (who didn't look out of place in his brief NHL stint last year) and McEneny ahead of Brassard, Utunen and Rathbone.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Gadjovich, but I think you can make a case for most of the other options such as Jasek, Madden, Lockwood, Palmu, Rathbone, etc.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Still think Gadjovic is too slow to play in the NHL. Think in terms of upside it’s still Rathbone. From all accounts is lightning fast and thinks the game well. Curious to see how he does making the leap to NCAA this season.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Jasek.

I might consider listing some of our older prospects in Utica like Sautner (who didn't look out of place in his brief NHL stint last year) and McEneny ahead of Brassard, Utunen and Rathbone.

I voted the same. I suppose I'm swayed by the very small sample size of the last few games of last season (which also swayed Canucks management -- thus the ELC), but Jasek is the only prospect left who's shown signs of excelling at the AHL. Perhaps one of the incoming class will prove me wrong come October.

I'd have McEneny ahead of some of those listed now.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Gadjovich doesn't rely on speed to be effective but if he's improved his skating enough to be considered average then he should have a place in the NHL.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017

I already picked gads but you're right about MacEwen.I was going to pick either Brisbois or Palmu next but it's got to be MacEwen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->