Prospect Info: Canucks 2018 Prospect Rankings - #10

Rank the Canucks #10 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Rathbone moving up based on a prospects camp is the most HF Boards thing you could use to describe HF Boards..

i think rathbone only having a few votes at 10th despite having notably gained size while maintaining elite skating is actually a pretty measured response by hfboards. i think it's an indicator of how deep the prospect pool is that he isn't sitting at 6 or 7.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
i think rathbone only having a few votes at 10th despite having notably gained size while maintaining elite skating is actually a pretty measured response by hfboards. i think it's an indicator of how deep the prospect pool is that he isn't sitting at 6 or 7.

He played high school hockey in his D+1 season. That is not an NHL career path. He is MILES behind Palmu, Gadjovich, Jasek, Lockwood, MacEwen, Dipietro, and Utunen. If he has a big year at Harvard then you can start looking at him as a potential NHL player. Until then the hype is laughable.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
He played high school hockey in his D+1 season. That is not an NHL career path. He is MILES behind Palmu, Gadjovich, Jasek, Lockwood, MacEwen, Dipietro, and Utunen. If he has a big year at Harvard then you can start looking at him as a potential NHL player. Until then the hype is laughable.

6 votes out of over 100 is hype?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
6 votes out of over 100 is hype?

Yes.

He has more votes than Lockwood who made the USA U20 team and had a good showing in the NCAA. He has more votes than Utunen who is a year younger and spent the year playing against men while Rathbone played against kids. Zach MacEwen isn't even on the list and he's already had more success than Rathbone is ever likely to.

Reactions: Melvin

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Js0pDggt_400x400.jpg
In the minority for a few picks probably so i will add that my 9-15 look like this:
9 - Madden - His edges and skills are built for the NHL game. Fast tenacious skilled......just needs to get much stronger....he will its a beauty pick.
10- Woo - smart solid NHL build.......looks pretty good i just question his ultimate upside.
11 - Gadjovich - I really like that he has some traits which could see him have a bigger impact then Brendan Gaunce who he has some similarities. JG is a better skater at the same stage and has better hands around the net and he will punish people.
12 - DiPietro - im extremely skeptical of goalies until i see how they adapt to pro. Could be a huge riser faller in short order. Crazy quick and competitive though.
13 - Brisebois - needs to be a 30pt guy this year to keep the faith. If he can tilt the ice this year he could still be anywhere from a 4-7 . If he stagnates he probaly never is more than depth.
14 - Palmu - Need to see him have some AHL success for me to buy in. Thought he looked stiff last year in camp and he will have to be extremely elusive to make traction in NA.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Yes.

He has more votes than Lockwood who made the USA U20 team and had a good showing in the NCAA. He has more votes than Utunen who is a year younger and spent the year playing against men while Rathbone played against kids. Zach MacEwen isn't even on the list and he's already had more success than Rathbone is ever likely to.

Those are good reasons to disagree with the small handful of posters voting for Rathbone, but it's ridiculous to call those few votes "hype."

The hype for Lockwood, however, that's just beyond baffling ...

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
rathbone and lockwood are actually pretty similar. one trick ponies (skating) with average raw unremarkable skills otherwise, who both somewhat stagnated on the ice d+1 for different reasons. the main difference being rathbone notably bulked up d+1 without losing any skating which significantly raises his prospects for me.

i would rate rathbone the better prospect of the two now because i think he's a better skater and in a more important position and i think he is now big enough that size is not a significant concern,whereas when last i saw him lockwood still seemed undersized.

they are both still longshots, but of the two i think rathbone is the one most likely to make it simply because his skating is so exceptional.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Absolutely gutted his development? Strange that TO couldn’t resurrect his career. Ever think he wasn’t good enough?
Did you even pay attention to how things went for him in Toronto? He sat on the bench for nearly two entire seasons, they didnt want to waive him and potentially lose him, and the coach didnt give him chances. Ask a Toronto fan

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Top 10 vs 2017 has Boeser and Virtanen graduated and Hughes and Woo added. Wonder how many guaduate this year? Over under 3?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Did you even pay attention to how things went for him in Toronto? He sat on the bench for nearly two entire seasons, they didnt want to waive him and potentially lose him, and the coach didnt give him chances. Ask a Toronto fan
I did, but if any team impacted his development negatively it was TO not Van. He had more than enough chances in Van and he was correctly determined to be a replacement level player. Anyways, I was just laughing at another comment on here criticizing our medical staff. Not only are there armchair GMs but we also have armchair doctors. RIP corrados career

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
10th best prospect, 10th year in HFBoards, 10 Years of prospect stat watching experience.

When has the 10th guy on our list of 10 top Canuck prospect ever made it in the big league. Will be a bust :)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
10th best prospect, 10th year in HFBoards, 10 Years of prospect stat watching experience.

When has the 10th guy on our list of 10 top Canuck prospect ever made it in the big league. Will be a bust :)
Hutton was likely outside top 10 in 2012 right after he was drafted, and was #10 in 2013.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Just for fun, 2013 compared to 2018:

1. Bo Horvat1. Elias Pettersson
2. Hunter Shinkaruk2. Quinton Hughes
3. Frankie Corrado3. Thatcher Demko
4. Nicklas Jensen4. Olli Juolevi
5. Brendan Gaunce5. Jonathan Dahlen
6. Jordan Schroeder6. Adam Gaudette
7. Eddie Lack7. Kole Lind
8. Joacim Eriksson8. Nicolay Goldobin
9. Alexandre Mallet9. Jett Woo
10. Ben Hutton10. ?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Totally forgot who Joacim Eriksson was...

Oh man.. How depressing was that 2013 list...

My god. Just want to punch myself in the face... I can't believe the amount of time wasted following some of those prospects :surrender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad