Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Lockwood running away with it :yo:

(should of gone sooner)

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
The thing is that having a good "prospect pool" is an ultimately meaningless and overrated thing.

Reality is that having a lot of prospects means having a lot of guys who have not proven to be nhl calibre.

Think about it, do the Leafs have a good "prospect pool?" probably not. But I am pretty sure we would trade all of our players for Marner, Nylander and Matthews.

Good prospects do not stay prospects very long.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Lockwood... looks like Subban finally getting some votes. A D should win #12 of Lockwood wins 11.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
The thing is that having a good "prospect pool" is an ultimately meaningless and overrated thing.

Reality is that having a lot of prospects means having a lot of guys who have not proven to be nhl calibre.

Think about it, do the Leafs have a good "prospect pool?" probably not. But I am pretty sure we would trade all of our players for Marner, Nylander and Matthews.

Good prospects do not stay prospects very long.

If you were the consensus top "prospect pool" team would you likely have more/higher valued assets to trade as compared to the team with the lowest rated "prospect pool"?

I don't think that the team with the best "prospect pool" is guaranteed to have the best young players at any point in the future.

But having a good prospect pool cannot be meaningless (but possibly overrated depending on who is giving the initial rating).

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
What Subban's already done in the AHL will probably eclipse what a lot of these guys will ever do. We're in longshot territory at this point, and a lot of these guys are so new that they haven't had the opportunity to underwhelm yet.

Not saying Subban even makes it to the NHL, but his numbers in a pro league despite alll his deficiencies puts him on top of other guys who are essentially 5 dollar 50/50 tickets. For me, at least.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
What Subban's already done in the AHL will probably eclipse what a lot of these guys will ever do. We're in longshot territory at this point, and a lot of these guys are so new that they haven't had the opportunity to underwhelm yet.

Not saying Subban even makes it to the NHL, but his numbers in a pro league despite alll his deficiencies puts him on top of other guys who are essentially 5 dollar 50/50 tickets. For me, at least.
Mcenery was higher than Subban last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad