Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
LoL, can you talk some sense into him, besides us not always agreeing on goaltending or sedins, you would be a much better influence on him.

He's drunk (and no I'm not kidding). I'm actually surprised 1040 let him on for a second time. I think he's trying again. :help:

Steve Bennett*

This was a worrying loss. The team really looked lost out there. And I remember last week against the Sharks Hansen was playing great with I think it was Raymond and Higgins - just dominating, they had great chemistry and were getting the team back into the game - the rest of the lines were gelling and things looked good. So what did AV do? Moved Hansen to the top lines and all that gel washed away.

Tonight Edler looked just awful, and the forwards looked lazy, had no crisp passing, and just out of sync. If this is just a bad spell I don't buy it. Minnesota didn't look like that good of a team, they just took advantage of sloppy play and got an easy two points against a miscoached team. I never thought I'd say this but AV does need to go. My question would be who should replace him? Are there any alternatives available right now? Or would the Assistant do for now? Maybe that would send a shockwave through the dressing room.

Also Booth proved me wrong so far this year. He has shown signs of a very talented guy, he just seems to lack any kind of finish - or maybe it's coaching I don't know. I see a lot of talent there that is not producing - I can totally envision the guy getting traded to somewhere like Detroit and lighting it up there...

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
It was amazing watching how aggressive the Minnesota forecheck was late in the 3rd. They were sending two or three, with a two goals lead.

They didn't sit back. I am coveting another teams forecheck, and that's a sin. That's why we have to fire AV. To avoid sinning.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Booth proved me wrong so far this year. He has shown signs of a very talented guy, he just seems to lack any kind of finish - or maybe it's coaching I don't know. I see a lot of talent there that is not producing - I can totally envision the guy getting traded to somewhere like Detroit and lighting it up there...

I think when it comes to Booth we can safely say it's not coaching, and that no matter where he goes, he's not going to just all of a sudden remember how to play good hockey.

I really hope the Canucks package Booth and Edler to a bottom feeder at the draft for a really high pick.

Steve Bennett*

I think when it comes to Booth we can safely say it's not coaching, and that no matter where he goes, he's not going to just all of a sudden remember how to play good hockey.

I really hope the Canucks package Booth and Edler to a bottom feeder at the draft for a really high pick.

You could be right but I see some untapped talent there that is yeah partly his own fault. But I have to imagine if he was under Bowman he would coach the ***** out of him and make him a star...

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
You could be right but I see some untapped talent there that is yeah partly his own fault. But I have to imagine if he was under Bowman he would coach the ***** out of him and make him a star...

For the record I would actually like Booth if he was "only" getting paid a million dollars.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Was just checking out the standings on TSN.

Only 4 teams in the entire league have less regulation losses than the Canucks.

Hawks, Ducks, Bruins, Canadiens.

Perspective.

I'm goning to try and take the positive out of that this if we can fix the PP and get a healthy Kesler back and contributing a lot of OT games might become reg wins.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
For the record I would actually like Booth if he was "only" getting paid a million dollars.

I cant for the life of me see why how much he gets paid matters, we can't carry extra cap space now into next year, I did not stop us getting any UFAs or trade possibilities that we know of. Serious questions whats the big deal? what happens if he is paid 1 million?

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I cant for the life of me see why how much he gets paid matters, we can't carry extra cap space now into next year, I did not stop us getting any UFAs or trade possibilities that we know of. Serious questions whats the big deal? what happens if he is paid 1 million?

If he was only making a million, then what he's doing on the ice (which is not much) could be justified.

At a million, you're not expected to be a difference maker, just a contributor. Right now Booth is neither, but he's shown flashes in the past, and that in itself is worth a million bucks.

John Bender*

Id be all over it if he didnt have a 4 million cap hit. We have one too many overpaid 4.25 cap hits..

Actually Dubinsky is precisely the type of player Gillis likes to acquire - you know those 4+ million dollar guys on long term deals that can never be traded after acquistion when they suck balls.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Was just checking out the standings on TSN.

Only 4 teams in the entire league have less regulation losses than the Canucks.

Hawks, Ducks, Bruins, Canadiens.

Perspective.

Hawks = Best team in the league bar none
Ducks = Second best
Canadiens/Bruins = Battling as best in the East; Habs after finishing a dismal 15th last year.

Canucks = Get completely dominated on a near nightly basis and riding at 25% of our last twelve games.

Perspective, indeed.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
CKNW 980 sportstalk is absolutely golden right now, Great convo's going on and great fan calls.

I found my new home, man they have improved.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
CKNW 980 sportstalk is absolutely golden right now, Great convo's going on and great fan calls.

I found my new home, man they have improved.

Is there a link for an albertan?

Edit nevermind found it. Does gillis go on this station or ever listen?

I only chose team1040 cause gillis is always on, the callers hurt me though.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012

I think the poster was referencing the fact that Booth is signed at 4.25 million through 2014-2015, and you know, the salary cap implications this has for the franchise going forward.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
If he was only making a million, then what he's doing on the ice (which is not much) could be justified.

At a million, you're not expected to be a difference maker, just a contributor. Right now Booth is neither, but he's shown flashes in the past, and that in itself is worth a million bucks.

So the principle then?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is there a link for an albertan?

Edit nevermind found it.

Best part is, they let you talk as long as you want, keep you on the line with an answer and lets you respond.

It's just like pat steinberg, I never knew we had such a good station doing post game shows here.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
It was amazing watching how aggressive the Minnesota forecheck was late in the 3rd. They were sending two or three, with a two goals lead.

They didn't sit back. I am coveting another teams forecheck, and that's a sin. That's why we have to fire AV. To avoid sinning.

Watching the Kings and Flames, I believe it was mentioned that Sutter believes in constantly attacking the opposition, even when up. That shows the separation in coaching philosophies.

When winning, fight as if you are losing. It's the best way to put away opponents.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I think the poster was referencing the fact that Booth is signed at 4.25 million through 2014-2015, and you know, the salary cap implications this has for the franchise going forward.

If you waived Booth, there would be teams lined up to claim him. I don't see the problem that some posters are finding.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

That's just good coaching - the injury plagued D can't breakout as is.

Edler - very good on the left side, forced to switch to the right side where his break outs are average and prone to TOs

Garrison - solid first pass

Hamhuis - very good

Ballard - Passes to his partner instead of making the pass

Alberts - Mediocre at best, and to add was partnered with Ballard

Tanev - usually good but had an injured hand.

Our centers are not supporting the play enough for good breakouts. Henrik does a decent job but Higgins was off by a couple feet which makes a huge difference. Schroeder is playing it FAR too safely which makes our breakouts slow. Lappy can't skate well enough (injured?).

Steve Bennett*

Yeah you're right, that is definitely a pretty important factor that cannot be neglected. But she sure does look like he has the talent. But at that price for 2.5 years I'm not sure he can be kept, you are on to something. How about trading him to NYI and ripping them off? They always seem game to doing stupid trades...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad