Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Wild 4: Halfway point of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudonymous*

Edler, when he is on top of his game, yes. Problem is..........that's seldom.

hes said himself, theres no fixing his back and he'll have to just play through it.. and if this is playing through it.. has to be worrying for canuck fans

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Hamhuis and Edler are both #2's at the worst. On a cup winning team, too.

talent wise, I would argue Edler is even a #1. But he is consistently inconsistent.

Hamhuis I'm fine with, thank god we have him.

Edler on 1 night looks like the next coming, and on a lot of nights plays timid and erratic defense.

How can we expect to go 4 rounds deep, if Edler logs 25 mins and is a time bomb.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Hamhuis and Edler are both #2's at the worst. On a cup winning team, too.

The semantics can get pretty silly. When some people say #1 they actually mean top ten defensemen and when they say top 6 forward they actually mean a 1st liner.

It'd be a lot easier to communicate if people accepted that there are 30 teams in the league and the implications of that with regards to relative labels for players.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
could use a sniper on our team..........kesler was kind of like that but we lack one with a deadly wrist shot

Jensen has a sick shot and offensive skill that this team seriously lacks. If he somehow gets a chance to come up and play for the big team, he might be able to pull off a miracle. :handclap:

I know we'll probably have to wait some time before Jensen can make a big impact on this team, but I think he has it in him to do just that.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The semantics can get pretty silly. When some people say #1 they actually mean top ten defensemen and when they say top 6 forward they actually mean a 1st liner.

It'd be a lot easier to communicate if people accepted that there are 30 teams in the league and the implications of that with regards to relative labels for players.

I get the feeling some people here think there are only 7 or 8 #1 defenceman in a 30 team league..

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, the Canucks's slide continues. Yet more of the same old same old.

--Special teams were putrid again.

--Outworked, outhustled, outskated, outeverythinged again.

--Lost in their own zone again.

--Edler sucked again.

--Hamhuis was terrible.

--When we got the PP in the 3rd period and Hank and Danny just stood about ten feet apart from each other and passed the puck back and forth for most of the PP, that really said it all for me.

--After the 1st period line fracas, I thought there might be some measure of passion and determination creeping back in. Nope.

This team is out of ideas, out of leadership, out of gas, out of 1st place in the NHL's worst division and slipping fast.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Oh god the caller on team 1040 is painful!

Says people dont understand hockey, and av is a good coach, because he sits the best players!?!?!

These are the voices speaking out.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So what's our excuse this time? Pretty lacklustre game again.

I know Hansen has produced at ES as a top 6 but he's just clearly not a top-6 in terms of talent. Really he's a 6th-7th tweener who should be complimenting two linemates who will do most of the offensive heavy lifting. Which is why he makes perfect sense on the Raymond-Schroeder pair.

He's also been on the PP this year and he's terrible at it. Honestly, he should not be on the PP at all as much as I like the guy - he doesn't have the skillset.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Jensen will not save this team, it's ****ing ridiculous to expect that of him, everyone needs to be better, there is no one saviour player for us.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Ex ****ing actly.

Booth-Kesler-xxxx
Higgins-xxxx-Hansen

this is a big part of the problem, as i see it
everyone is out of position due to trying to fill these gaps
we need a winger that can playmake for that #2 spot and a manny-pre-injury replacement

I think Bieksa missing is having a similar effect on the D, though the D seems to be a more troubling issue. Tanev seems to be being used as though he is our best dman. Ballard is frustratingly mis-used. Garrison, Edler and Hamhuis are all looking below par. Alberts has no business being on a playoff team top 8.

Obviously theyre slumping right now, and we know they're better than this. But hard to figure that theyre good enough ... just dont know how much of a problem if at all AV is... I dont really fault Gillis, as many seem to. Hard to 2nd guess what he might have done, not knowing the details of the market ..but not thrilled that Garrison is looking like a 3rd helping of overpriced Florida beef...

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Was just checking out the standings on TSN.

Only 4 teams in the entire league have less regulation losses than the Canucks.

Hawks, Ducks, Bruins, Canadiens.

Perspective.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
hes said himself, theres no fixing his back and he'll have to just play through it.. and if this is playing through it.. has to be worrying for canuck fans

Which is why I think his minutes should be cut. I don't think he'll ever be a heavy-minutes defenceman, what he needs to do is do more with less. What he CAN be is a true #1 defenceman who is great at ES and on the PP.

I think he's trying to do too much, which is encouraged by the fact he is asked to do everything. Take him off the PK and get him down to 21-23 minutes a game.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Which is why I think his minutes should be cut. I don't think he'll ever be a heavy-minutes defenceman, what he needs to do is do more with less. What he CAN be is a true #1 defenceman who is great at ES and on the PP.

I think he's trying to do too much, which is encouraged by the fact he is asked to do everything. Take him off the PK and get him down to 21-23 minutes a game.

exactly, I would much rather see good Edler out there for less time over bad Edler playing half a game

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Perspective.

So we are going to have 16 OT wins in the playoffs. That is too stressful for me. :laugh:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Perspective.

Only 6 teams in the entire league have less ROWs (regular and OT wins, the tie-breaker).

moneyorder

Aug 17, 2012
I was at the game.... a few observations....

Alberts was seriously AWFUL. could not keep up with the play and missed a ton of passes.

Garrison has improved a ton since joining the team

Sedins worked it well down low...just couldnt finish on the powerplay (which by the way produced some good chances but just couldn't FINISH)

I don't know what it is, but the nucks just look like they are going through the motions...the wild looked hungry....their fans are not very knowledgeable about the game....I hate their goal song

EDIT; And holy god are we lacking depth down the middle

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
lol hansen over getzlaf... I think I've seen it all.

The funny thing is they are using even strength points. Maybe there's a reason hansen is not on the pp...

Who wants perry and getzlaf? we have hansen with better EV numbers.

Use less stats, and watch more hockey.
The only argument made is that he's a top six forward-caliber forward.

Watch less hockey, read better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->