Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Ducks 5 to end Sedin Week (Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You laugh. Watch Benning re-up Schaller in the offseason.
Yup. JB signed some seriously bad contracts. Hearing Hiskanen is looking at a 9 mil cap hit. What’s it going to take to sign Hughes?
I’m thinking Petey plus Hughes will cost 20 million on the cap per year. That’s just about what JB spent on LE + Myers + Beagle + Baer. Damn.

member 290103

2 home losses in their last 11 home games....?.......(You would never buy tickets anyways.)..

Saw two games last year. Bought tickets to both. They never scored a f***ing goal in either.

Yeah, I’m f***ing bitter. Let me be.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Benning would win GM of the year by a unanimous vote.

Man praised for removing nail from foot after nailgunning himself in the foot.

Beagle - little bit trickier, but I'd hit up the Islanders. On reputation alone, there will be three or four teams interested and that's all you need. Look what Andy Greene just went for.

Major difference here is that expiring contract for Greene and his serviceable 20 minutes a night vs 2 more years (35 and 36 yo seasons) of Beagle at $3MM while dragging down the team every shift he's out there.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Hughes great offensively, leaves a lot to be desired defensively and it’s showing a lot more often now.

Horvat playing like a 3rd line center , all year. We really don’t have a 2nd like Center. Top line center is JT Miller (EP40 doesn’t take faceoffs and is a shooter first). Then we have 3 third like centres in Sutter , Gaudette and Horvat and a fourth like Center in Beagle. Huge gap in the Center of the ice.

I guess the line “leaves more to desire defensively” can be used for Hughes when he doesn’t have the puck; however, he almost always gets to the puck first and clears the zone with ease. There are moments that he shows his rookie status but 8/10 times he looks like a 10 year veteran. I cannot imagine how good he will be in two years from now.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Major difference here is that expiring contract for Greene and his serviceable 20 minutes a night vs 2 more years (35 and 36 yo seasons) of Beagle at $3MM while dragging down the team every shift he's out there.

Oh for sure; the Fitzgerald-Dellow combo running the show there seems to be a lot more astute than the team we have here.

Point being, they found a good buyer in Lou who strongly valued a guy he had before - I've been saying for months that we should dump Beagle onto NYI because of the Trotz relationship, and they have a hole at 4C (think Komarov is better suited on the wing).

And even with the term remaining on his contract; I can't see Beagle's value being any higher than it is now. He's a player that on rep alone would get a (bad) two year contract as a free agent this summer from those aforementioned 3-4 dumb GMs. But by this time next year, I'd be surprised if he's seen as an NHLer at all.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yup. JB signed some seriously bad contracts. Hearing Hiskanen is looking at a 9 mil cap hit. What’s it going to take to sign Hughes?
I’m thinking Petey plus Hughes will cost 20 million on the cap per year. That’s just about what JB spent on LE + Myers + Beagle + Baer. Damn.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if your numbers are right. I think $18-21M for the both of them is probably the right range. If Heiskanen gets $9M, I don't see how Hughes doesn't get that at a minimum.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Lot’s wrong with this post but I’ll just make two comments. First the recapture only affected the Canucks and was put in place after the contract was signed. Second, I’m willing to bet that I get more likes than you.

“I’ll get more likes than you”. Good god. This is the Boomer world we live in. Ugh.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
“I’ll get more likes than you”. Good god. This is the Boomer world we live in. Ugh.

really. calling me a boomer. I just got "things' for being part of the 50 year season. Which I am. You are just a sad poster no one seems to like. Want to turn this into a real debate ... you know .... based on real facts. I have season tickets and have been retired for 10 years. what are your credentials, you pathetic little man. ( do you know the reference )?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
60+ year old man asking me to a “how many likes we will get” competition.

yep. What a world we live in.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
He actually isn’t. He’s an easy target for someone that doesn’t understand the game much...as he’s not big, flashy, etc. He’s a very solid and versatile Dman that can play in your top 4 or solidify a bottom pairing.

He’s definitely not an anchor....terrible take.
You’re delusional and I’m a better hockey player than you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad