Post-Game Talk: Canucks 0, Penguins 5

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yuck. Just heard Boeser talking about his injury.

“There was a few games there where I would feel it a lot and it would get worse as the game went on.”

“That’s the hockey season... you have to battle through it.”

NO YOU DONT!

Goes on to say he still feeling it but he’s “good enough to play”.

Disclaimer - I am not a doctor.
Ummm Yes, you do
Otherwise no team will have a complete roster, because no nhl player is ever 100% healthy during the season

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Early on-pace-fors, because why not?

PlayerGPGAP
Elias Pettersson767646122
Bo Horvat82521567
Brock Boeser80183654
Sven Baertschi*81242448
Alexander Edler*8104141
Troy Stecher8273037
Jake Virtanen82151530
Loui Eriksson8203030
Brendan Leipsic76151530
Brandon Sutter8222729
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
* Injured; will not play this many games.

just to be petty, EP is on pace to play 41 games ....

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
So it's a home game and our two biggest offensive threats are back from injury so I'm guessing a Marky start...

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
For the one hundred billionth time, he refuses to waive his no trade.

Is this confirmed for this TDL though? I know he has refused to waive his NTC in the past as he likely feels at home here, but a temporary move at the TDL on the final year of his contract is another story.

Reactions: nuck luck

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
sick of outdated Hrudey takes on this equipment business.

If your post integration technique is sloppy or lazy or misused (which it often is even in the NHL), it doesn't matter how big your chest protector is.

He has some points but he keeps trying to reframe it in terms of the equipment.

Players have been coming up with ways to exploit guys hugging the posts early for at least three seasons now.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Melvin says: "It's projecting their rate stats over all remaining games, not projecting their games played."

This. And gp isn't projectable. No one can be on pace for x games played like it's some kind of reliable stat.

It may be fair enough that this is what he was doing, but if we can't predict % GP from the rate at which a player has participated in, then how can any rate stat be predicted? Points Rate, by this definition, is a calculation of production over time available. If time available is at the GP rate of using only half the games, then shouldn't both "stats" be used if calculating something as irrelevant as PPG rate?

No doubt, one could argue that the sample size for missing games percentage is very low, but then just as small a sample size would be points per game after 7 or 8 games played- the same sample size.

Isn't it all irrelevant?

Anyhow, really excited and interested to see if he can still produce with worse defensemen supporting him after a concussion and time recovering and against a very good/hot team.

Reactions: billvanseattle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad