Canuck Player Social Media Dump Thread....

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I've been hearing (radio) and reading a lot about how people have seen this or that about random players and what they've been to up to via social media...
Whatever form... instagram, twitter.. or whatever tic tok is...

Anyways... I was thinking we could use this thread as a general catch-all for Canuck players..
Training videos, practice videos, news and notes, Da Beauty league.. whatever...

i.e. I heard Goldy had posted some training videos or a Boeser goal on a peewee goalie.... haven't seen em. But I'm sure others are doing similar stuff as well... Virtanen had a few last season... Hutton etc...

I would find it interesting to keep up with the boys since I'm not really on social media beyond this board really...

I figure with so many individuals here probably following various members of the team that if you come across something of interest, dump it here for those that may not otherwise see it due to not being on one of those platforms....

I have no idea how much content the players put out... but if its a regular stream of info... then sticky this thread. If it's just Goldy.. then i guess it dies after he's waived.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I've been hearing (radio) and reading a lot about how people have seen this or that about random players and what they've been to up to via social media...
Whatever form... instagram, twitter.. or whatever tic tok is...

Anyways... I was thinking we could use this thread as a general catch-all for Canuck players..
Training videos, practice videos, news and notes, Da Beauty league.. whatever...

i.e. I heard Goldy had posted some training videos or a Boeser goal on a peewee goalie.... haven't seen em. But I'm sure others are doing similar stuff as well... Virtanen had a few last season... Hutton etc...

I would find it interesting to keep up with the boys since I'm not really on social media beyond this board really...

I figure with so many individuals here probably following various members of the team that if you come across something of interest, dump it here for those that may not otherwise see it due to not being on one of those platforms....

I have no idea how much content the players put out... but if its a regular stream of info... then sticky this thread. If it's just Goldy.. then i guess it dies after he's waived.
Quite a few of the guys post summer training videos.
Hutton has been plugging his trainer most of the summer.
Virtanen has been on vacation for awhile, haven’t seen much updates training wise yet.
Horvat is busy getting married and honeymoon stuff still. I’m sure he’ll be back at it pretty soon.
Goldy has clearly gotten the message he needs to work on his overall game. He’s been on ice training most of the summer already.

I’ve noticed that NFL players have been getting a lot of programs started for their positions. Like OL/DL guy’s doing summer camps together. Just seen secondary guys are also doing this. I’d suspect plenty of Wr/QB groups do this as well. I’m surprised there isn’t defence or forward camps of guys who wanna train together.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Virtanen has been on vacation for awhile, haven’t seen much updates training wise yet.
Horvat is busy getting married and honeymoon stuff still. I’m sure he’ll be back at it pretty soon.
Goldy has clearly gotten the message he needs to work on his overall game. He’s been on ice training most of the summer already.

I’ve noticed that NFL players have been getting a lot of programs started for their positions. Like OL/DL guy’s doing summer camps together. Just seen secondary guys are also doing this. I’d suspect plenty of Wr/QB groups do this as well. I’m surprised there isn’t defence or forward camps of guys who wanna train together.

I think I like the fact NHL'ers train a lot with different players around the league. For example, Marchand/Crosby/MacKinnon train together and I think they do it for a few reasons. One, they're training under a high end trainer and two, they nitpick at each others brains about things to help improve their game or they see how another player does something in a drill etc It also helps them push themselves to higher levels. I think reason two is a big.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I think I like the fact NHL'ers train a lot with different players around the league. For example, Marchand/Crosby/MacKinnon train together and I think they do it for a few reasons. One, they're training under a high end trainer and two, they nitpick at each others brains about things to help improve their game or they see how another player does something in a drill etc It also helps them push themselves to higher levels. I think reason two is a big.
This. I like the idea of sharing talent and training tips. This needs to become a bigger thing in the NHL. Like a goal scorers combine or something. Where guys who score big time numbers talk about and show small things they like to work on to help. I’ve heard of but never really seen goaltending clinics at the top levels. It’s an avenue the NFL players saw and took advantage of right away. Imagine being a freshly drafted defensive lineman and being afforded the luxury of spending 1-2 weeks with a guy like JJ Watt learning the trade?

I also think if there are some ex players looking for work in the industry still, this would be a way to create their own job and work for themselves. There are only so many Dave Gagner clinics each summer, imagine more dedicated ones for all positions?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Without at all meaning to sound dickish... The idea of the thread was hoping you could post the links to the media being posted.

I've been hearing summaries like you gave about Goldy and Boeser etc... but haven't seen the clips, or media they got the info from.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hutton and virtanen are at Horvat's wedding, definitely saw tanev there too. Max Domi is in his wedding party.

Jakevirtanen18 and bhutt10 on Instagram.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Yeah, looks like Bo got married today actually. Baertschi a groomsman, for what it's worth. Chris Tierney, Max Domi, and Josh Anderson are also there. Wouldn't mind if a Tierney for Sutter package happened. Get on it, Benning.

Feb 24, 2017
Or Nova Scotia

Reactions: bh53 and DL44

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I can see the potential for a lot of meme worthy GIFs coming from this thread.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Felt like there was a really obvious one and then a list of other ones walking further and further away from it.
Does help explain Marchand’s incredible rise to the elite..
(Ah f*** I just puked a little bit in my mouth.... and a crap load on my shirt and... damn... filled my socks... oh man.. my Nike’s.... oh no the children!.
F*** this guy...)

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
They had Dallas Smith play their wedding. I think Pettersson is still traveling in Europe.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Twistagramtube or it didn’t happen..

I barely know how to use it, I just follow a handful of the players. Stecher, Hutton, and virtanen all had clips of Dallas Smith playing. The last thing Pettersson shared was him in Spain a few days ago. I have to work early why am I still up posting lol.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Pettersson just got off vacation and is on the ice now back in his hometown. Not sure if either him or Brock are all that tight with Bo as of yet but Pearson was at the wedding too. Hopefully the Canucks give Bo a nice Wedding C present that will actually look good on a captain for once without that dumb word mark!

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Pettersson just got off vacation and is on the ice now back in his hometown. Not sure if either him or Brock are all that tight with Bo as of yet but Pearson was at the wedding too. Hopefully the Canucks give Bo a nice Wedding C present that will actually look good on a captain for once without that dumb word mark!
Ya doesn’t seem like Bo is tight with the other 2 to me either. I’d suspect part of it is probably the night life as I’d presume Boeser and Petey being single and out while Bo is with his gf/wife

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Boeser had a clip of him at a wedding with his dad. Maybe Bo's? Maybe another friend that fell on the same day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->