Canuck player ranking post 2004-05 lockout

El Duderino

Aug 4, 2007
BC
Definitely Henrik Sedin.

This is an interesting idea, given that it's now been 10 years. 2005-06 has a special place in my heart as that was the year I moved to Canada and fell in love with hockey.

We should have a series of rankings threads about this in the off-season.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I think Henrik Sedin is the Canucks' best player since Pavel Bure to be perfectly honest.

I think Alex Mogilny was a better player than both Henrik and Pavel, but he only had one really good year as a Canuck.

Messier had the most impressive resume in Canucks' history, but he didn't really achieve much as a Canuck. Bertuzzi had all the tools, but really only played like a superstar from 2002-2004. Luongo had an impressive history with Vancouver, but like Henrik, underachieved in the playoffs. However, Henrik won both the Art Ross and Hart trophy as a Canuck (give or take, a few brilliant performances in the playoffs like Luongo). I don't think Luongo won a Vezina while he was here. Jennings trophy yes, but that does not compare to a Hart or an Art Ross.

My top 4 Canucks are:

1) Pavel Bure
1a) Henrik Sedin
3) Roberto Luongo
4) Markus Naslund

Daniel Sedin, Stan Smyl, and Trevor Linden would probably be the next guys on the list (not necessarily in that order).

Last edited:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It's Henrik but I hate when people make it seem like Danny isn't even close. If Hank is 1, Danny has to be 2. There couldn't be a smaller gap between the two.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's Henrik but I hate when people make it seem like Danny isn't even close. If Hank is 1, Danny has to be 2. There couldn't be a smaller gap between the two.

I think a lot of the "isn't close" stuff on this board is when someone just thinks there's a clear answer, even if they aren't too far apart. I think it's hard to make a case for Daniel, due to his games missed, Henrik having the better Art Ross year, Henrik being the captain, etc, but it's still a close 1-2.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
I think a lot of the "isn't close" stuff on this board is when someone just thinks there's a clear answer, even if they aren't too far apart. I think it's hard to make a case for Daniel, due to his games missed, Henrik having the better Art Ross year, Henrik being the captain, etc, but it's still a close 1-2.

If Daniel translated those 29-31 goal seasons into 35 goal seasons and was still scoring at a 25 goal pace then I'd probably consider them to be equal. Throw in another 40 season and Daniel is the superior player.

BTL

Mar 7, 2015
Post lockout isn't even a question so heres All time:

1. Bure
2. Hank
3. Dank
4. Luo
5. Linden

Could be argued Daniel, Luongo and Linden may be swapped around. Also, I dont think Naslund is a solid 6 do to lack of playoff success. Cases could be made for guys like Ohlund, McLean maybe Gradin or Lumme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad