Canuck fans - who is your most despised team?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Steve Bennett*, Jan 25, 2013.

1. aandbreatheme

aandbreatheme Registered User

I can't stand Toews.

Bolland isn't worth anybody's hate.

2. Raistlin1022

Raistlin1022 Registered User

It's a tie between Boston and Edmonton for me. But watching the Flames dominate them tonight, year after year they look the same ( beat them with speed ) no matter how much talent they have. it's still a long way before they pose a treat to us in the playoffs. Boston "wins" most despised based on what that city's definition of hockey is an affront to the spirit of the game. It's not a freakin blood sport man.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Fire Benning

I don't have a most despised team right now. The Canucks' biggest obstacle is themselves. They need to bring it all together and get the job done.

4. CanadianPirate

CanadianPirate Registered User

It tends to change over time. At the moment it is the oilers. Not because of the team (although I think having three first overall picks in a row is bs) but because of the aura around it. I don't even mind the fans as much. They are excited about their team fair enough. At times they can be annoying but to be honest almost all team's fans can be annoying. It is the media around them. How many times do we have to be told about the amazing young oilers who are going to become this massive dynasty? Is CBC going to declare their love already? Crowning them the best team in the nhl and being told that the canucks better watch out for the hot shot oilers is sickening.

5. CanadianPirate

CanadianPirate Registered User

I agree with you. I tend to hate them during games but after the game there is a level of mutual respect.

6. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake Registered User

Boston is the team I hate the most.

Fans??? Edmonton fairly easily.

7. VanCanucks53

VanCanucks53 Registered User

I have no respect for them. The amount of crap their players talk is ridiculous. No matter what people say about the Canucks, our players never spew crap out in the media.

8. Agreed. And Canuck players are correct what they say. There's not many teams I don't have respect for, except Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, Buffalo, St Louis, or Nashville. But that's it. Well also NYRangers, San Jose and Colorado.

9. Dr Awesome

Dr Awesome Yak in the city

Neither. There's team I don't like because the band of hockey lack substance. However there are fan bases that I don't care for.

10. ProstheticConscience

ProstheticConscience RAGE!!

11. Co Ho*

Co Ho* Guest

Team: the **** Hawks
    Fans: Maple Laughs

12. Ainec

Ainec RIP Canucks 2̶0̶1̶4̶-̶1̶8̶ 2014-23

Chicago, LA, Bos

Surprised LA only has 3 votes. Absolutely despise Brown and Quick who I see as the best goaltender in the game today. It's the hypocritical whinning and diving akin to Boston from a lot of their players and staff. Plus it's infuriating to see the officiating go there way.

Don't despise Oilers as a team but their management and ******** fans that were cheering against us during the regular season and playoffs

13. MadaCanuckle

MadaCanuckle Registered User

Clearly Boston, both team and fans. Maple "things" a close second.

14. Sleeper

Sleeper Registered User

It's hard to say. Even though Boston and Chicago are the two teams I dislike the most right now, those two rivalries are specific to this moment in time. It's likely that we'll never play a truly meaningful game against Boston ever again, and the passion of the rivalry will slowly melt away. Same can be said about Chicago if we don't play them again in the playoffs in the next couple years.

Calgary and Edmonton are timeless rivalries to the Canucks, but they're going through a lull right now because neither team has been competitive in awhile. I've been ambivalent to the Oilers for a couple years now, but I imagine I'm gonna come to dislike them a lot in the coming years.

15. Raistlin1022

don't know about you guys, I cannot wait to see Keith tomorrow night, I will be scanning for him around the Roxy after the game, I'm the dude with the large elbow pads. :sarcasm:

16. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Registered User

Honestly for me, it's hard to decide.. But going off of my gut, it has to be Boston. Even if we only play them once or twice a year, or none in this case of the season, I still hate them.

LA is becoming one of my hated teams since a couple seasons ago and Chicago has always been one of my most despised since 08-09.. Flames died off a lot.

SO my top 3 is Boston, LA, Chicago in no particular order... As if they're 1a, 1b, 1c

17. hmmmm should have made the poll multiple choice.... next time... Still I'm surprised Carolina only has 1 vote thus far...

18. Fraser Read

Fraser Read Registered User

I respect our rivalry with Chicago, high quality exciting hockey whenever we play them. I hate the Bruins.

19. Hyack57

Hyack57 Registered User

HVAC
    I don't hold any ill will against Los Angeles although I think Dustin Brown is a head hunting dink. They were a massive underdog and had an epic Cinderella run to win the cup. Kudos for how well they bought into Sutter's game plan.

For me it still is Boston. All the dirty play that Boston was allowed to get away with and the massive support that all the haters gave them just really got under my skin and I enjoy nothing more than watching them fail. Seeing the highlights of their 7-4 loss tonight with Vanek getting a Full House was great.

Chicago I just cant stand Kane and Keith. I think Toews is a really good leader and Seabrook is a solid defenceman. I'd love either on my team. Kane is a hot dog. He is the star player on the "bad guy" team in all those Mighty Ducks movies. And Keith solidified his place in my ass clown books with his massive elbow to Daniel.

20. Ex Officer Friendly

Ex Officer Friendly Got Nothin To Say

Does anyone really care?
    I'm glad to see the rangers only have one vote people look at me like I'm crazy when I have my Canucks hat on and a Rangers T-shirt

21. PRNuck

PRNuck Sell the team.

I obviously harbour the grudge from 11 year old me seeing the Canucks get jobbed out of a Cup, but I don't mind the current version of the Rangers. They have a lot of players I really like in fact, and none that really irk me.

22. Ex Officer Friendly

Ex Officer Friendly Got Nothin To Say

Does anyone really care?
    Yea I was 3 for the cup finals that year so I don't know what happened I have heard the stories but idk I didn't watch it

23. HighAndTight

HighAndTight Pimp Squad For Life

Its obviously CBJ.

24. Babs

Babs Registered User

Wow more Canuck fans hate CBJ, FLA, and CAR then the Wild or the Aves?

Strange.

25. Raistlin1022