Canuck fans - who is your most despised team?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's a tie between Boston and Edmonton for me. But watching the Flames dominate them tonight, year after year they look the same ( beat them with speed ) no matter how much talent they have. it's still a long way before they pose a treat to us in the playoffs. Boston "wins" most despised based on what that city's definition of hockey is an affront to the spirit of the game. It's not a freakin blood sport man.

Last edited:

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I don't have a most despised team right now. The Canucks' biggest obstacle is themselves. They need to bring it all together and get the job done.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
It tends to change over time. At the moment it is the oilers. Not because of the team (although I think having three first overall picks in a row is bs) but because of the aura around it. I don't even mind the fans as much. They are excited about their team fair enough. At times they can be annoying but to be honest almost all team's fans can be annoying. It is the media around them. How many times do we have to be told about the amazing young oilers who are going to become this massive dynasty? Is CBC going to declare their love already? Crowning them the best team in the nhl and being told that the canucks better watch out for the hot shot oilers is sickening.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I agree with you. I tend to hate them during games but after the game there is a level of mutual respect.

I have no respect for them. The amount of crap their players talk is ridiculous. No matter what people say about the Canucks, our players never spew crap out in the media.

Steve Bennett*

I have no respect for them. The amount of crap their players talk is ridiculous. No matter what people say about the Canucks, our players never spew crap out in the media.

Agreed. And Canuck players are correct what they say. There's not many teams I don't have respect for, except Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, Buffalo, St Louis, or Nashville. But that's it. Well also NYRangers, San Jose and Colorado.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Chicago, LA, Bos

Surprised LA only has 3 votes. Absolutely despise Brown and Quick who I see as the best goaltender in the game today. It's the hypocritical whinning and diving akin to Boston from a lot of their players and staff. Plus it's infuriating to see the officiating go there way.

Don't despise Oilers as a team but their management and butthurt fans that were cheering against us during the regular season and playoffs

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
It's hard to say. Even though Boston and Chicago are the two teams I dislike the most right now, those two rivalries are specific to this moment in time. It's likely that we'll never play a truly meaningful game against Boston ever again, and the passion of the rivalry will slowly melt away. Same can be said about Chicago if we don't play them again in the playoffs in the next couple years.

Calgary and Edmonton are timeless rivalries to the Canucks, but they're going through a lull right now because neither team has been competitive in awhile. I've been ambivalent to the Oilers for a couple years now, but I imagine I'm gonna come to dislike them a lot in the coming years.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
don't know about you guys, I cannot wait to see Keith tomorrow night, I will be scanning for him around the Roxy after the game, I'm the dude with the large elbow pads. :sarcasm:

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Honestly for me, it's hard to decide.. But going off of my gut, it has to be Boston. Even if we only play them once or twice a year, or none in this case of the season, I still hate them.

LA is becoming one of my hated teams since a couple seasons ago and Chicago has always been one of my most despised since 08-09.. Flames died off a lot.

SO my top 3 is Boston, LA, Chicago in no particular order... As if they're 1a, 1b, 1c

Steve Bennett*

Honestly for me, it's hard to decide.. But going off of my gut, it has to be Boston. Even if we only play them once or twice a year, or none in this case of the season, I still hate them.

LA is becoming one of my hated teams since a couple seasons ago and Chicago has always been one of my most despised since 08-09.. Flames died off a lot.

SO my top 3 is Boston, LA, Chicago in no particular order... As if they're 1a, 1b, 1c

hmmmm should have made the poll multiple choice.... next time... Still I'm surprised Carolina only has 1 vote thus far...

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
I respect our rivalry with Chicago, high quality exciting hockey whenever we play them. I hate the Bruins.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I don't hold any ill will against Los Angeles although I think Dustin Brown is a head hunting dink. They were a massive underdog and had an epic Cinderella run to win the cup. Kudos for how well they bought into Sutter's game plan.

For me it still is Boston. All the dirty play that Boston was allowed to get away with and the massive support that all the haters gave them just really got under my skin and I enjoy nothing more than watching them fail. Seeing the highlights of their 7-4 loss tonight with Vanek getting a Full House was great.

Chicago I just cant stand Kane and Keith. I think Toews is a really good leader and Seabrook is a solid defenceman. I'd love either on my team. Kane is a hot dog. He is the star player on the "bad guy" team in all those Mighty Ducks movies. And Keith solidified his place in my ass clown books with his massive elbow to Daniel.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I'm glad to see the rangers only have one vote people look at me like I'm crazy when I have my Canucks hat on and a Rangers T-shirt

I obviously harbour the grudge from 11 year old me seeing the Canucks get jobbed out of a Cup, but I don't mind the current version of the Rangers. They have a lot of players I really like in fact, and none that really irk me.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I obviously harbour the grudge from 11 year old me seeing the Canucks get jobbed out of a Cup, but I don't mind the current version of the Rangers. They have a lot of players I really like in fact, and none that really irk me.

Yea I was 3 for the cup finals that year so I don't know what happened I have heard the stories but idk I didn't watch it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->