Canuck fans - who is your most despised team?

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Chicago, then LA, then Boston.

I dislike Edmonton because they tanked, but don't really hate them, similarly I don't hate Calgary, and have some respect for the fact they're sticking it out.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I absolutely despise Boston. Next would be Chicago (although I recognize their fans are better than ours at home games and their arena has a much better atmosphere), followed by Toronto.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Without question, the Bruins crowd is the most ruthless and will always be my most despised. I'll never forget how they reacted when Mason Raymond broke his back in their arena:

Team: Bruins
Fans: Bruins

No doubt at all. It still infuriates me to this day.

Agreed, that is what decided it for me too. Seeing them pat the guy on the back after breaking Raymond's back was like a slap in the face.

Bunch of goons and the refs allowed that to go on all series. I think a lot of the blame for Raymond's injury is on the garbage ref's too.

Just thinking about it again :banghead:

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I absolutely despise Boston. Next would be Chicago (although I recognize their fans are better than ours at home games and their arena has a much better atmosphere), followed by Toronto.

Really? Always looks like a dim-lit dungeon when I see it on TV... have you been in their arena?

trytobe

Nov 29, 2011
Boston AINEC. Yes, we have more history with the Hawks, but I only hate them when we have games with them. My hatred for the Boo-hoo-ins burn all through the season.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Hawks.

Fan wise, it has to be Edmonton. It has been the same for the past 4-5 years...season starts and they are all out in full force, trolling all the threads for the first month or so. Then other teams shake the rust off and their team sinks back to irrelevancy and they slink back to their board. Bunch of annoying ****ers...all of them.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Can't say I really dislike any teams, but as far as fanbases go, it's gotta be the Bruins. Oilers a very close second.

edit: No votes for Carolina?

Last edited:

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I know a couple Bruins fans, they're really nice. Voted Boston for the Team.

I've met lots of fans from other teams in person and I can't say there were very many that rubbed me the wrong way. (Exception: There was that big blob of an Oiler fan at the Garage that spilled his beer down the back my Ronning jersey as he jiggled and belched back to his seat for his 8th beer run in the period.) The internet however has transformed thousands of fans who would never say crap in person into internet asstards.

TheSnowLeopard

Jan 8, 2013
Soviet Kanuckistan
Thanks to the CBC, I absolutely loathe the Leafs.

If I hadn't grown up with CBC being one of the few channels we could receive, I would never have understood the concept of "Western Alienation".

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
I still get the most hyped up for a game against Boston because I want to see the Canucks take out some of their vengence on them...

Chicago has a great team as much as I don't like Toews. They already got rid of Buff so can't really rag on him too much.

The Canadian teams are just rivalries... None that warrant hating lol. Personally I would like to see how Edmonton does as their team will be exciting as hell to watch.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
-The only reason Edmonton is getting votes is because of HFBoards.
-Never really hated Toronto but I do enjoy watching them lose just for the pure entertainment of it all.
-Hawks I have a begrudging respect for, although Keith does need to answer for that elbow last year.
-Flames have been insignificant for far too long, no rivalry at all anymore really.

For me the easy choice is the Bruins and their fans. I won't go into great detail on the fan part as that would violate the site rules but they are 80% of the reason they get the vote from me. The other 20% would go to Marchand.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Chicago.

We won't be seeing Boston this year (unless its the finals again), and frankly I'd like to forget about that series altogether. That wasn't a fun rivalry, just disrespect from both sides.

Also, I have no animosity for LA either. Don't really know why though..

Edit: I see now that this was about most 'despised' team. I suppose that would be the Bruins in that case, though I'm trying to disengage my hatred for them, like I said.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Boston, Toronto, Calgary, Chicago

The reason why I don't hate the Hawks as much is because Byfuglien is gone and I love Toews and Kane. Don't like the rest of them though.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Boston, only because of their '**** don't stink' attitude.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Bruins

I actually agree with other fans who think our fanbase is annoying, whiney, and condescending, but the Bruins were so much worse, which made the way we were villified all the more frustrating.

I think it's totally rational for other fans to hate us, I just think they should have hated them alot MORE.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It is the Hawks, i think our fan base has A.D.D. for suggesting anyone else. Boston is like a one time assaulter that hurt us and has gone away. Chicago is an enemy who lives next door, they vandalize your car, makes noise complaints to the police and insult your kids. With Boston you hate the memory of them. With Chicago you hate them.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It is the Hawks, i think our fan base has A.D.D. for suggesting anyone else. Boston is like a one time assaulter that hurt us and has gone away. Chicago is an enemy who lives next door, they vandalize your car, makes noise complaints to the police and insult your kids. With Boston you hate the memory of them. With Chicago you hate them.
Or they just see things differently than you do.

For me, Chicago is more a team that you love to hate, but respect and have a blast watching, even if they seem to have no problems with trashing us or our players. They're really fun rivals.

Boston you just hate, and it actually puts you in a bad mood. I have nothing good to say about them.

When Chicago was going strong, I would have absolutely loved to have their team (and I felt this way at the height of our rivalry/hatred). When Boston was going strong, while yes, I would have loved to win a cup as a result of such an effective team, they would have repulsed me too much to want to cheer for them, personally (especially if we had to join with their fanbase).

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009

Chicago - Annoying relatives that come around once in a while to trash your house and insult you.
Boston - Hoodlums that stole your car and vandalized your house a while ago. EDIT - and not only did they get away with it, they got commended by the community for it!
Calgary - Old high school enemy that hates you so much, but the rivalry has cooled down as of late.
Edmonton - The annoying fraternity next door that thinks they are so funny and great but they annoy the **** out of you with noise and pranks but get really bad grades.
Toronto - Some guy down the street that you really don't like for an inexplicable reason. When you walk by each other, you can feel the animosity, but nothing really happens.
Minnesota - A creepy kid that hated you in high school but you didn't care about and he still comes around once in a while to insult you.
Los Angeles - The hotshot new co-worker who got commended for work that he didn't do, but soon his work will be shown for what it really is.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->