Canuck fans - who is your most despised team?

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Boston. Combination of bully-boy team personality (along with a perpetual "who me?" self righteousness and proclamation of eternal innocence, likely due to Edwards), the fact every time we step on the ice against them a bunch of guys magically get injured, and Brad Marchand doing his best to make everyone forget Matt Cooke.

Fans are pretty bad too, sharing Edward's sneering homerism, and denying butter would melt in the team's mouth despite the trail of broken bones it tends to leave behind it. The chanting and booing at Raymond was the icing on the vile cake.

I don't even really have an issue with teams playing mean, and fans enjoying it. Anaheim did it. Chicago did it. Just OWN it. Playing Chicago was insufferable, but the team and their fans were all "Lolol we are bullying you and the refs do nothing! We are #1". Boston somehow convinced themselves they were the victims even while speedbagging people in the face and breaking backs. Blew my mind.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I have to go with Boston. The way they were getting away with murder in the later games of the 2011 SCF and being praised as "a physical team" still make me sick. And for the fans, that video of their reaction to Raymond breaking his back is sickening. No, they probably didn't realize at the time he broke his back. But regardless, who cheers when a player gets hurt??

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Boston teams in general annoy me.

Both the Bruins and the Celtics.

Funny enough, both of the PBP/Colour for these teams happen to feature the biggest homers in sports commentating history.

And unsurprisingly, both teams are sprinkled with bullies who cross the line consistently and hide when **** gets serious.

May 29, 2009
gotta vote rangers for old times' sake. but the combo of owner and team make the bruins pretty hard to ignore.

in terms of 'hating to watch', then the wild are easily my most hated team. and their owner's a doozy too.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
As someone who got to watch the league try for parity and allow Pha to get away with **** ... with goon tactics that have never been equaled ... and the dirtiest hockey player ever ... Bobby Clarke ... who knew people who got beaten with sticks when the flyers went over the boards into the stands ... I hope Philly never has another winning season.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Wish I could pick more than one, so I could add TO, Edmonton, Chicago, LA and Calgary, but since I can't, just Boston. Because they're ****ing cheaters. And their fans are racists (see Joel Ward) and ******** (see New England fans taunting Ravens receiver Torrey Smith about his dead brother).

edit: I don't like Dallas either, they didn't earn that cup, he was in the crease.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Hawks over Bruins. We have more history with Chicago... in another season or two, since we don't/rarely play them, the Boston antipathy will have waned again.

If the Oil and/or the Flames ever get good again, I'll probably remember that I used to hate them with a passion. Recently, I've almost felt sorry for them. Almost.

I'll never like the Leafs, but between them playing in the East and sucking forever, I just can't work up a good capital "H" Hate right now.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
1. Edmonton really pisses me off. I hate that they have been so terrible and have been rewarded over and over again for it. I also hate that the whole team looks like they should still be in high school. Most of all I hate their fans who are so effing self righteous about how good they're going to be.

2. Chicago

3. Brad Marchand

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
It changes over time. It usually depended on the other teams leadership and player roster at the time (whiners, cheap shot artists) although sadly over the years with the internet blossoming into a one stop stupid shop I'm sorry to say fan bases have begun to influence my dislike for a team and sometimes my own internet behavior.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
It changes over time. It usually depended on the other teams leadership and player roster at the time (whiners, cheap shot artists) although sadly over the years with the internet blossoming into a one stop stupid shop I'm sorry to say fan bases have begun to influence my dislike for a team and sometimes my own internet behavior.

Haha I hear this. Used to cheer for the Leafs as my team in the east, mostly cause of my Dad's love for them. Since reading HF threads on a Lu trade I can't cheer for them at all. This and last night I wrote some overly dramatic tweets filled with Oiler hate.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I have a friend from boston and he hates that he's from Boston. Hence why he's a Yanks fan purposely to piss them off.

The Protein Shake*

I don't care much for the Bruins, Hawks or the Kings. There's one team, I will always hate, them and their fans. The Flames. Garbage team that always seems to stick around when we out play them, due to weak calls, 5 on 3's and incredibly flukey goals. Not to mention I live in Calgary.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
If I start to hate a team, I realize it's because they have immature fans on HF and I step back. I don't think it's rational to hate another NHL team. They're professional hockey players trying to do the best they can. I try to just enjoy the sport.

If you asked which fans I hate most I could answer that pretty easily...

1. Edmonton - They bash Canucks fans for a sense of entitlement when they act the same with a last place team. And I'm tired of hearing about Cups won when Miami Vice was on TV.

2. Boston - Toughest guys on the internet.
3. Toronto - Biggest homers bar none. (Well maybe Montreal...)

AmazingNuck

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I hate Chicago the most.

The way I see it, Chicago is the guy at your high school that you absolutely hate. Boston is the guy that goes to another high school in your district that you absolutely hate. You see one person more than the other, which makes the hate greater, but over a larger period. The other person's hate has to be concentrated into one or two games per season.

As for Edmonton and Calgary.. I see no reason to hate them other than the fact that they're also northwest north america. I don't like their fans, but I don't like any other teams' fans either. Iginla is pure class and makes up for the rest of Calgary. Edmonton got 3 straight top picks, but that's a reason for every team in the league to hate them, not just the Canucks.. too bad they didn't spend one on a defenseman though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad